Friday, May 11, 2018, 10:00am -12:00pm
Gordon Field House and Activities Center (GOR)
Kick off the weekend by attending the Academic Convocation!
The Academic Convocation celebrates the graduates from all nine of RIT's colleges, the School of Individualized Studies, and the Golisano Institute for Sustainability and features:
- A procession of the graduates wearing their caps and gowns
- The official conferral of degrees by President Munson
- The 2018 Commencement Address by former FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler, businessman, author, Brookings Fellow who led the federal agency from 2013-2017.
- Remarks by the chair, RIT Board of Trustees
- Remarks by RIT's undergraduate delegate and graduate delegate
- Hooding of Ph.D. candidates
- A rousing group recognition and celebration of all of RIT's graduates by college (Graduates are individually recognized at their college ceremony.)
All graduates and their guests are invited to the Academic Convocation. Tickets are not required; however, seating is limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Overflow seating will be available in the Gene Polisseni Center, where the ceremony will be streamed live.
Students and faculty will line up in the lower level of the Gordon Field House and Activities Center and Hale Andrews Student Life Center at 9:00 a.m.