Friday, May 20, 2016 - Noon-2:00p.m.
Gordon Field House and Activities Center (GOR)
Kick off the weekend by attending the Academic Convocation!
The Academic Convocation celebrates the graduates from all nine of RIT's colleges, the School of Individualized Studies, and the Golisano Institute for Sustainability and features:
- A procession of the graduates wearing their caps and gowns
- The official conferral of degrees by President Destler
- The 2016 Commencement Address by France Córdova, Ph.D., director of National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Remarks by the chair, RIT Board of Trustees, and the president of Student Government
- Remarks by RIT's undergraduate delegate and graduate delegate
- Hooding of Ph.D. candidates
- A rousing recognition and celebration of all of RIT's graduates by college
All graduates and their guests are invited to the Academic Convocation. Doors will open at 9:00a.m. Tickets are not required; however, seating is limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Overflow seating will be available in the Gene Polisseni Center, where the ceremony will be streamed live.
Students and faculty will line up at 11:15am in the lower level of the Gordon Field House and Activities Center and Hale Andrews Student Life Center.