- Family & Friends
- Faculty & Staff
- Ceremonies & Receptions
May 11, 2018
- Academic Convocation
- College of Engineering Technology
- College of Art and Design
- College of Health Sciences and Technology
- National Technical Institute for the Deaf
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Science
- Golisano Institute for Sustainability
- B. Thomas Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences
- Kate Gleason College of Engineering
- Saunders College of Business
- School of Individualized Study
- RIT Dubai
- RIT Croatia
- RIT Kosovo
- Non College-Specific
- Air horns, balls, beach balls, laser pointers, noise makers, inflatables, alcohol and helium filled balloons. (Balloons can trip our Laser Beam Smoke Detection System and result in building evacuation.
- Firearms, explosives, fireworks, sparklers
Service dogs are the only animals permitted inside of Commencement Weekend venues.
RIT is a tobacco-restricted university. Use of tobacco products is restricted to designated areas shown on this map. The smoking area behind and between the Schmitt Interfaith (SMT) and the August Student Health (AUG) Centers is closest to the ceremony locations (Gordon Field House and Gene Polisseni Center).
For lost items, please check the ticket booth in the main lobby of the Gordon Field House and Activities Center and at Guest Services at the Gene Polisseni Center. All items will be taken to Public Safety in Grace Watson Hall (GWH) at the end of each day. Call 585-475-2853 for assistance. The Public Safety Dispatcher will take your information and contact you if the item is found.
- The RIT Public Safety emergency number is 585-475-3333 (v/tdd) or text (585) 205-8333
- First Aid stations will be located in in both the Gordon Field House and Activities Center and the Gene Polisseni Center. Please contact an usher if you need assistance.
- Call boxes indicated by blue lights are located across the campus. If you need assistance of any type, please open the box and push the red button. You will be immediately connected with an RIT Public Safety dispatcher.
To receive important updates (safety, weather, traffic, emergency alerts from RIT, etc.) throughout Commencement Weekend, Text RITGRAD to 888777. Your subscription is anonymous, and you will automatically be unsubscribed from the service at the end of the weekend. You can unsubscribe at any time by replying STOP.