RIT Production Services provides a full range of standard or high definition video services. These include creating commercials, documentaries, marketing videos, multi-camera switched events, green screen studio production, remotes and the RIT’s SportsZone and SportsZone Live programs on ESPN2 and Time Warner SportsNet. RIT Production Services offers HD non-linear editing with one of our Apple-certified editors in state-of-the-art Apple XSAN digital post-production facilities. We also offer motion graphics services. Finished projects can be captioned and delivered on virtually any format – DVD, CD, Blu-ray, podcast, web or videotape. Whatever your project requires, our award-winning staff has the experience and expertise to guide you through the video production process from concept to completion.NOTE: For classroom recording services please visit http://wallacecenter.rit.edu/tls/media-services.
HD Production Truck
RIT Production Services's HD broadcast trailer is a full production studio and the only one of its kind in Upstate NY. It’s currently deployed at RIT to broadcast SportsZone Live—a cable sports TV show covering RIT’s home games. But there’s talk of expanding SportsZone Live to cover away games next year and even renting the trailer to other universities.
The 24’ trailer carries five AG-HPX500 P2 HD shoulder-mount camcorders as main cameras, an AG-HPX170 P2 HD handheld for b-roll, four AJ-HPM110P P2 Mobile recorder/players for slow motion/instant replay and field production, two AG-HPG20 P2 Portable field recorders, an AJ-SD93 DVCPRO deck for backup tape recording, several LCD broadcast monitors for engineering and camera shading, and two 50-inch plasmas for multi-viewer walls.
- 24’ long with two separate areas—an 8’x17’ main production area and separate 8’x5’ audio area
- Seats 10 people
- Runs on 3-phase 60A 120 volt service and has three zones of 45,000 BTU cooling
- 2 Panasonic Plasma flat screens50
- Panasonic BT-1760 HD reference monitor
- Harris Zandar Predator II dual output 32-input multiviewer
- Panasonic AJ-RC100G remote control units
- Panasonic BT-LH1760P reference monitor and a Harris VTM-2400
- Four-channel Clearcom Encore system
- 24-input 150 HD-SDI switcherKayakGVG
- 4 Panasonic AJ-HPM110P P2 decks
- AJ-SD93 DVC-Pro deck for backup
- DNF 4-way ST300-T slow-mo controller
- two-channel Harris HD Inscriber G3 with full option set and HD clip playback
- Yamaha M7CL 40x16 digital mixer with 8x8 channels of AES audio with SDI audio embedding and de-embedding
- 2 JBL LSR6325P powered speakers and metering by Wholer
- CD player and iPod dock for playback
- Mackie 1402 mixer for back up
- Clearcom PIC-4702 Program Interrupt Controller
- 2 Clearcom AB100 stereo IFB boxes
- 3 Sennheiser HMD280 announcer headsets
- Microphones: 9 Crown PCC 160s, 4 Sennhiser K6 2 Shure SM63 interview mics, lavalier, wireless and table microphonesshotguns,series
- Panasonic BT-1700 HD reference monitor
- Harris VTM-2400 waveform/vector monitor
- 20 Grass Valley HD-SDI distribution amplifiers
- 5 NTSC to SDI frame synchronizers
- Evertz dual HD-SDI / SDI closed caption encoder and corresponding decoders
- Ensemble Designs BE-55 Sync Gen
- Grass Valley HD protection switch with automatic switchover to an 8x1 HD-SDI backup switcher
- 5 Panasonic AG-HPX500 P2 HD cameras
- Vinten Vision 11 and Vision 100 tripods
- Panasonic BT-LH80W HD LCD monitors on MagicArm mounts
- Telemetrix Coax-Link system with an HD-SDI option
- 2x extenders and Fujinon HD 0.6 wide angle adaptors
- Fujinon HD 1.5 telephoto adaptors
RIT Production Services's remote camera packages allow us to record your project virtually anywhere -- inside or outside, in a classroom or in an auditorium, on campus or off campus. The choice is yours.
Our 5 camera packages feature broadcast-quality DVCPro digital videotape for capturing high-quality images in a wide variety of conditions. Our remote lighting and audio packages can be configured to handle a host of on-location shooting scenarios. For large events, we can combine multiple cameras with our remote multi-cam system to create a television program live on location.
Call RIT Production Services today to find out more about Location Production.
- 5 Panasonic HD P2 HPX500 Camera Packages
- 2 Panasonic AG-HPX 370 Camera Packages
- 5 Panasonic AJ-D410 DVCPro Camera Packages
- Wide Angle and Telephoto lenses
- Portable Teleprompter
- Remote dolly/dolly wheels
- Lowell DP, Lowell Softlight, Dedo Light packages
- Wired and wireless mic packages (lavs, shotguns and handhelds)
- *8-channel Shure remote mixing console
- *additional audio support available upon request
Multi Camera Production
If you have a really big event…or even a small event that requires shooting from multiple camera angles simultaneously, RIT Production Services’s Multi-camera Packages can deliver. Our multi-cam packages are completely portable and low profile, making them convenient to transport and set up virtually anywhere. The integrated switchers allows for transitioning between multiple cameras, video playbacks, graphics, computer displays…or any other video source.
RIT Production Services has an integrated multi-camera system located in RIT’s Gordon Field House, which is readily available to support any field house event. We also have portable units to do multi-camera/multi-source switching anywhere on-campus or off-campus.
Multi-camera production is an excellent choice for those who wish to capture an event as if it were a live “TV show.” Whether you want to record an event to videotape for later distribution or project your program live, multi-camera production is an efficient and economical solution.
Call RIT Production Services for more information about Multi-camera Production.
RIT Production Services's new state-of-the-art post-production facilities incorporate the latest in digital video editing technology. Based on Apple’s award-winning Final Cut Studio, our facility boasts over a dozen high-end workstations, all linked together via high-speed fibre channel to high-performance storage networking. The result is a seamless workflow from media capture to final output.
Each workstation utilizes:
- 12 Multi-Core Intel Mac Pro Editing Stations
- Dual Cinema Displays
- Reference Audio and Video Monitors
- Final Cut Studio, Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe After Effects, and much more.
- Apple XSAN Editing System
In addition, RIT Production Services utilizes the latest software/hardware solutions to deliver your final project in a multitude of different media formats (DVD, CD, podcast, videotape, streaming media, etc.). Call us to discuss which format is right for you.
We also offer closed-captioning and/or open-captioning services on any production. (See captioning section).
Call RIT Production Services for a complete overview of post-production services.
DVD and Blu-Ray have become two of the most popular ways of distributing completed video projects. RIT Production Services's Apple-Certified experts can help you design and create compelling DVD and Blu-Ray content to showcase your video.
DVD and Blu-Ray offer several unique video solutions, including interactive menus, selectable video clips and chapters, video slideshows, and numerous subtitling and captioning options. This requires a different production approach from the traditional “linear” video experience, and also offers exciting potential for presenting your material. Creating a pleasant user experience is the key to any successful DVD/Blu-Ray, and RIT Production Services has the tools and the talent to deliver that experience to your students, clients and customers.
Call RIT Production Services with questions about DVD/Blu-Ray Production.
- HD and SD captioning
- Videotape closed captioning
- Videotape open captioning
- Online streaming video captioning
- CD-ROM captioning
- DVD-ROM captioning
- Real Time event captioning
Studio A is a fully equipped television studio, designed to meet a wide variety of production needs. This studio is ideal for shooting interviews, small group discussions and/or simple presentations in a quiet, controlled environment. The studio has a fully integrated lighting system and is sound insulated for optimal audio recording quality. There are two set areas to choose from, depending on project needs. Both sets offer flat walls and/or curved corner-section returns for shooting interviews.
Set One offers clients a modular approach. It is pre-lit, with a “news-style” desk that can accommodate up to 4 participants, and there is an integrated computer interface, visualizer and whiteboard available. This is an economical choice for simple presentations, requiring minimal set-up time.
Set Two is completely customizable. A variety of backgrounds are available, including textured backdrops, drapes and blue/green screens. Lighting can be precisely controlled to create a specific look and feel. This is an ideal location for shooting interviews and “talking heads.”
- RIT Production Services Express Lighting Grid system with numerous fixtures and programmable lighting control board.
- VGA/RGB scan converters
- VGA/RGB scan converters
- Teleprompters (2)
- Up to 5 cameras
- Green Screen Production
- Voiceover Booth
- 15' Varizoom Quick Jib/Camera Crane
- SD or HD recording