Faculty Success Series
ACADEMIC YEAR 2015-2016
In addition to the spring 2016 events below, FCDS will also be offering: 360° Leadership Skills Inventory opportunity, scholarships to the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD) Summer Bootcamp, and scholarships to Cornell University's Leadership & Professional Development Program. Application details available in early spring.
Spring 2016 Opportunities
This orientation will introduce you to a wealth of information that will help you quickly adjust to the RIT classroom and our student population. All adjunct faculty are welcome.
The academic world poses career challenges and transitions for faculty and administrators alike. Many transitions are imposed rather than self-directed. The ability to be highly career self-directed is the focus of this workshop. Participants will create a customized career guide through exercises that lay a blueprint for today and beyond. All RIT faculty are welcome.
Join your colleagues at the 5th Annual Mid-Tenure Review panel discussion where you can ask questions about requirements for mid-tenure review and learn about this important process from faculty who have served on tenure committees and may have been recently tenured. All faculty are welcome; focuses on tenure track faculty.
Come and enjoy light refreshments in an informal setting (individual demonstration tables) as you mingle with faculty and staff from RIT and other institutions who have published journals, conference proceedings, and textbooks on open access platforms. All RIT faculty are welcome.
- Adunct Peer Mentoring Community Event - Students as Creators: Assigning Multimedia Projects, March 4, 2016
Multimedia projects allow students to combine different types of media (text, audio, video, pictures, graphics, etc.) into a single cohesive presentation. They offer an opportunity for students to actively engage in a project in a way that is relevant and familiar to how they gather and understand information already. Join our guest presenters and your fellow adjuncts for a demonstration highlighting RIT student project examples and a review of the tools to create them. All adjunct faculty are welcome.
Fall 2015 Opportunities
- New Faculty Orientation, August 12-14
- Adjunct Faculty Orientation: Your Survival Kit, August 17
- Time Management, September 10
- Publish & Flourish, September 10
- Excel at Teaching, September 11
- Publish & Flourish, September 11
- Power Reception, September 18, (by invitation only for new full-time faculty and academic leaders)
- “COMMENT” - Communication & Outreach through Mentored Media Engagement & Networking Teams with University News, panel discussion, September 21 (all faculty are welcome)
- Grants Exposed! Kick-off Party, October 6
- Feedback is a Gift: 360 Skills October 9
- Adjunct Community Dinner & Discussion, October 15