POSTER AND ORAL PRESENTATION APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
1st place $500 2nd place $300 3rd place $150
DEADLINE to sign up for a poster presentation is February 10th.
Here are some important things you need to know:
1. You do not need to send your poster to us in advance.
2. You are responsible for printing and mounting your own poster. It must be able to stand on an easel on its own. We suggest mounting on foam core or bringing poster board that you can clip your poster to. We will not provide foam core or clips.
3. We will provide easels for the posters to stand on.
4. There is no specific size requirement. You may go by the standard for your department or conferences in your field that you may attend or have attended.
5. You must set your poster up between 8:30 AM – 9:00 AM on Friday morning February 24th in CIMS Louise Slaughter Hall, second floor conference area. Please report to the sign in table at the Symposium when you arrive. You will be assigned a number and a location to set up and will be assisted by a Symposium Ambassador.
6. To be considered for a prize you must be present for the poster session, 1:00 PM – 2:15 PM in CIMS Louise Slaughter Hall, second floor conference area on Friday February 24th during the Symposium and Showcase.
Any further instructions for the day of the Symposium and showcase will be sent out the week before the symposium.
Graduate Research Symposium and Showcase Schedule
8:30 – 9:15 – Check in, Breakfast and welcome
9:15 – 10:00 – Faculty and Student Presentations
10:15- 11:30 – Oral Presentations
11:30 – 1:00 - Lunch, PhD 3 minute winner presentation and Keynote speaker
1:00 – 2:15 - Poster Presentations – All graduate students
2:30 – 3:00 - 3 Minute Master's Presentation Competition Finals
3:00 - 3:30 - Question and Answer Session with Special Guest Peter Hirtle
3:30 - Winners of competition announced and closing