Requirements / Eligibility
The RIT STEP program admits students who fit these criteria:
- Be a member of an underrepresented group -- Native American/ Native Alaskan, Black/African-American, Hispanic/Latino, or economically disadvatanged (regardless of ethnicity)
- Be a resident of New York State
- Have a strong interest in post secondary education in the STEM career fields.
- STEP students must be willing to participate in team oriented activities and competitions.
- STEP students must agree to honor their commitment to complete activities they register for.
Eligible students may apply at any time. Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (A probationary period can be established for enrolling students who have a lower GPA but are in good academic standing) RIT STEP staff may review the academic progress of each student to determine eligibility for various activities. Apply now!