Three Key Elements to Successful Course Level Assessment:
- Establishing student learning outcomes and objectives for the course
- Measuring whether these outcomes have been met
- Using the results to improve teaching and learning in the course
Key Questions for Developing Course Level Assessment
- How do I define student learning outcomes and objectives that are meaningful and measurable?
- How do I align program goals and student learning outcomes to course syllabi?
- How do I determine what assessment methods I already use? How can I improve my methods?
- How can I be more deliberate and transparent about the assessment in my courses?
- How can I use the data to improve curriculum, instruction, and assessment?
Assessing Student Learning Outcomes in an Online Environment
Best Practices, Tips, and Resources for Faculty
Assessing student learning in an online environment can present unique challenges; however, with planning and appropriate assessment methods, online learning can be rich and meaningful. It may take some time to figure out the best methods for your course, but here are some best practices, tips, and resources to consider when planning your online learning assessments.
Intensive Course Assessment Resources
As you begin to develop a course for the three week intersession or five week summer session, please review our Intensive Course Boot Camp presentation and our Assessing Student Learning in an Intensive Course overview to get you started.
For additional support in designing accelerated courses, click here.