Recent Updates to Policies in the Governance Policy Library
As part of the ongoing review and updating of university-level policies in the Governance Policy Library (www.rit.edu/policies), below is a list of policies that have been initially approved, edited or revised in the past several months. The name of the policy and a brief description of the action taken by the applicable governance group is noted and these policies have been reviewed and approved by Dr. Destler. Please click on the name of the policy to see the updated policy in its entirety.
There are other policies currently under review by the Academic Senate and Institute Council. Notifications will be sent to the community as these policies are reviewed and approved. If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Sue Provenzano (5-5572) or Kathleen Martin (5-6461).
Communicated September 2013:
- B00.0 – RIT Charter – added to Section B – Governance
- B00.1 – RIT By-Laws – added to Section B – Governance
- B04.0 – Student Government By-Laws – revised for calendar conversion
- B02.0 – Charter of Academic Governance – revised and approved by Academic Senate and faculty
- C13.0 – Service Animal, Assistance Animal, and Pet Policy – revised
- D02.0 – Admission – revised
- D02.1 – Student Leave of Absence – rewritten; includes student leave of absence information previously found on D02.0 and involuntary student leave of absence previously found in D18.1 – Student Involuntary Leave Policy.
- D03.0 - Registration – revised for calendar conversion; 2012-2013 version removed
- D04.0 – Attendance – revised for calendar conversion
- D05.0 – Grades - revised for calendar conversion. Academic actions and recognitions have been moved to a separate policy – D05.1
- D05.1 – Academic Actions and Recognitions – a new policy created by taking academic actions and recognitions out of the Grades Policy
- D08.0 – Student Academic Integrity Policy – renamed (formerly the Academic Honesty Policy) and revised
- D09.0 –Advising - policy has been unpublished and is under review
- D12.0 – Graduation Requirements – revised for calendar conversion
- D15.0 – RIT Educational Records – calendar conversion edits and correction of college/department names
- D17.0 – Final Course Grade Disputes – renamed (formerly the Academic Conduct and Appeals Process) and rewritten
- D18.1 – Student Involuntary Leave Policy – this policy has been decommissioned and the policy is now part of D02.1 – Student Leave of Absence.
- E6.0 – Policy on Faculty Rank and Promotion - revised
- E7.0 – Annual Review and Development of Faculty – revised for calendar conversion, clarification of plans of work and use of faculty development funds.
- E12.1 – Eisenhart Awards for Outstanding Teaching and Richard and Virginia Eisenhart Provost’s Award for Excellence in Teaching – policy for the Eisenhart Awards for Outstanding Teaching was revised and combined with the policy for the Richard and Virginia Eisenhart Provost’s Award for Excellence in Teaching
- E12.2 – Trustees Scholarship Award – edited for calendar conversion
- E12.3 – Richard and Virginia Eisenhart Provost’s Award for Excellence in Teaching – combined with E12.1.
- E21.0 Policy on Assignment and Transfer of Tenure-Track Faculty – edited for calendar conversion
Communicated April 2013:
- B05.0 – Development, Review, Approval, and Promulgation of University-Level Policies – this new policy provides the process by which new policies are created and current policies are reviewed or edited.
- C03.2 – Copyright Policy – new policy
- D01.2 – Undergraduate Double Major Policy – new policy
- D01.3 – Undergraduate Dual Degree Policy – new policy
- D01.4 – Academic Centers Protocol Policy - new policy number only
- D11.0 – Final Exam Policy – revised for calendar conversion
- D13.0 – Diplomas and Degrees Certification – revised for calendar conversion
- E09.0 – Visiting Scholar Policy – the process by which visiting scholars are invited to RIT has been simplified.
- E12.7 – Outstanding Teaching Award for Non-Tenure-Track Faculty – required recommendations modified; clarification of recognition event and cash award.
- E13.1 - Policy On Extra Service, Professional Activity, And Summer Employment – general provisions for extra compensation were reviewed and updated as well as updating the policy for semesters.
- E35.0 – Retirement Transition Policy – revised for calendar conversion
This page last updated July 18 2014.