Scheduling Time on a Staff Council (SC) Meeting Agenda
Guidance for AY 14-15
SC meetings are typically held in SAU-1829 on Thursdays from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m., two times per month, September through June. Specific information on meeting dates and locations for AY 14-15 can be found on the Staff Council Meetings page.
SC Executive Committee (SCEC) typically meets on the Thursdays when the full Council is not in session from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. SCEC confirms the agenda for meetings of the full Council. Members of SCEC for AY 14-15 are:
Lauren Shields, GCCIS – Chair
Raman Bhalla, Wallace Center – Vice Chair
Becky Kiely, Wallace Center – Communications Officer
Dave Woodhams, Facilities Management Services – Events Officer
Donna Black, Housing Operations
Karen Ester, KGCOE Office of the Dean
Hope Williams, NTID Academic Affairs
Kevin Wilson, Part-time & Graduate Enrollment Svcs
Administrative support to SC is provided by:
Making Contact. To request time on an upcoming SC agenda, contact Peg Meyers via email@example.com with the information noted below. Peg reviews upcoming agendas with SCEC and, after doing so, she’ll contact you to confirm dates, times, and other details.
Providing Information. Providing the following information will 1) help SCEC/Peg respond promptly to your request and 2) assist Peg in meeting preparations:
- Dates (in order of preference) of upcoming meetings at which you’d like to present.
- Amount of time needed (minimum and ideal) to present the topic and field questions.
- Name(s), title(s), college/division and department(s) affiliations of presenter(s)
- Title of your topic as it should appear on the agenda and in meeting minutes.
- Objective(s) of your presentation (e.g., reporting for informational purposes, obtaining formative feedback/input, securing SC endorsement).
- Date by which final SC action is needed, if any.
- Description of materials, if any, you will submit for review by SC members.
Submitting Materials. If you’re submitting materials, they should be sent via e-mail to Peg at least five business days prior to the meeting to provide SC members sufficient time to review information related to your topic.
Following Up. Upon request, Peg will send presenters the first draft of the minutes to review for accuracy and respond with edits if needed. It is vitally important to respond by the stated deadline; the final draft of meeting minutes are typically distributed to SC members five business days prior to the next SC meeting.
This page last updated July 18 2014.