Scheduling Time on a Staff Council (SC) Meeting Agenda
Guidance for AY 13-14
· SC meetings are typically held in SAU-1829 on Thursdays from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m., two times per month, September through June. Specific information on meeting dates and locations for AY 13-14 can be found on the Staff Council Meetings page.
· SC Executive Committee (SCEC) typically meets on the Thursdays when the full Council is not in session from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. SCEC confirms the agenda for meetings of the full Council. Members of SCEC for AY 13-14 are:Julia Lisuzzo, Wallace Center - Chair Lauren Shields, GCCIS – Vice Chair Kurt Ingerick, Student Auxiliary Services – Communications Officer Jennifer Lana, English Language Center – Events Officer Raman Bhalla, Wallace Center – At-Large Representative Jenn Santoru, College of Science - At-Large Representative Dave Woodhams, Facilities Management Services - At-Large Representative Anne Zachmeyer, CAST - At-Large Representative
Administrative support to SC is provided by:Peg Meyers SC Coordinator 5-7656 (phone) email@example.com (e-mail) 1140 SAU
· Making Contact. To request time on an upcoming SC agenda, contact Peg Meyers via firstname.lastname@example.org with the information noted below. Peg reviews upcoming agendas with SCEC and, after doing so, she’ll contact you to confirm dates, times, and other details.
· Providing Information. Providing the following information will 1) help SCEC/Peg respond promptly to your request and 2) assist Peg in meeting preparations:
o Dates (in order of preference) of upcoming meetings at which you’d like to present.
o Amount of time needed (minimum and ideal) to present the topic and field questions; and, if applicable, for SC to take action.
o Name(s), title(s), college/division and department(s) affiliations of presenter(s)
o Title of your topic as it should appear on the agenda and in meeting minutes.
o Objective(s) of your presentation (e.g., reporting for informational purposes, obtaining formative feedback/input, securing SC endorsement).
o Description of materials, if any, you will submit for review by SC members.
· Submitting Materials. If you’re submitting materials, they should be sent via e-mail to Peg at least five business days prior to the meeting to provide SC members sufficient time to review information related to your topic.
· Following Up. Upon request, Peg will send presenters the first draft of the minutes to review for accuracy and respond with edits if needed. It is vitally important to respond by the stated deadline; the final draft of meeting minutes are typically distributed to SC members five business days prior to the next SC meeting.