Scheduling Time on a Student Government (SG) Senate Meeting Agenda
Guidance for AY 14-15
SG Senate meetings are typically held weekly on Fridays from 1:00 – 3:00 pm in the Campus Center Bamboo Room during fall and spring semesters.
SG Senate is the legislative branch of student government that includes voting representatives from the colleges, representational student organizations, and student body communities. SG Senate is chaired by the SG vice president, who is responsible for preparing SG Senate agendas. The SG Vice President for AY 14-15 is:
Administrative support to SG is provided by:
SG Office Manager
1710 Campus Center
Making Contact. To request time on an upcoming SG Senate agenda, contact Tyler Pierce via e-mail, and copy Kathy Hall, with the information noted below. After reviewing upcoming agendas, either Tyler or Kathy will contact you to confirm dates, times, and other details.
Providing Information. Providing the following information will help Tyler and Kathy respond promptly to your request and assist them with meeting preparations:
- Dates (in order of preference) of upcoming meetings at which you’d like to present.
- Amount of time needed (minimum and ideal) to present the topic and field questions; and, if applicable, for SG to take action.
- Name(s), title(s), college/division and department(s) affiliations of presenter(s)
- Title of your topic as it should appear on the agenda and in meeting minutes.
- Objective(s) of your presentation (e.g., reporting for informational purposes, obtaining formative feedback/input, securing SG endorsement).
- Description of materials, if any, you will submit for review by senators.
Submitting Materials. If you’re submitting materials, they should be sent via e-mail to Kathy at least five business days prior to the meeting to provide SG senators with sufficient time to review information related to your topic.
Following Up. A few days after the meeting, Kathy typically sends presenters the first draft of the minutes to review for accuracy and respond with edits if needed. It is vitally important to respond by the stated deadline; the final draft of meeting minutes are typically distributed to SG senators five business days prior to the next SG Senate meeting.
This page last updated July 18 2014.