The Compass is our comprehensive database where students can search for programs, complete a profile and fill out the required RIT study abroad application online.
If you don't currently have an active RIT username, enter the Compass here.
Step-by-Step Compass Instructions
- Click “Enter the Compass Here” and login with your RIT ID and password.
- Click on the tab marked “My Profile” at the top and complete each section of your personal profile.
- Click on the “Search Programs” tab at the top. Use the drop down menus to search by whatever criteria is most important to you. We recommend you keep search options general for better results (e.g. search ‘engineering’ instead of ‘mechanical engineering’).
- To learn more about the program in detail, click on the link that is the program provider’s name.
- Once you have registered and narrowed down your program choices, call 585-475-4466 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment with a study abroad advisor to get more information or to begin the application process.