Living Learning Community (LLC)
Being undecided can be a little daunting, leaving a student to feel as if no one knows what they are going through. First, we want you to know that we do understand because we work with students daily that are undecided about their major. Second, USP has a way to help you navigate your way through the program—by creating a living space just for students like you! When we put such a multidisciplinary group together, we get this great melting pot of ideas and experiences, from which all of you will benefit! Meet our Living Learning Community!
Who lives on the floor?
You will be living amongst a very diverse group of students from USP and majors spanning RIT with interests ranging from Math, Science, and Engineering to Computing, Business and the Arts and Media.
Where does the "Learning" part of the LLC come in to play?
There are several different ways to learn but primarily we think you will learn in two different ways:
- Through casual conversation and discussions about your individual exploration experiences with other USP students on the floor.
- Faculty and Staff from USP come over and host fun, informal events which build upon your classroom experiences and help enhance your exploration process.
How do I find my room and roommate?
University Studies Program (USP) students in the living learning community will have a slightly different process for selecting their housing. Please read the instruction below:
Please use the RIT Housing publication: A How-To Guide for Selecting Your Own Roommate & Room in the Residence Halls as a guide (from pages 1-6) to complete the process. Once you have completed your contract, profile, and optional roommate selection, the living learning community and Housing Operations staff will work together to place you in a room on the USP living learning community floor.
- Sign into myhousing.rit.edu
- Fill out your housing contract and profile (follow instructions on page 2)
- In the profile, answer "Yes" to "I am a student in the University Studies Program"
- Selecting a roommate is optional. If you would like to take advantage of this option, begin your roommate search following instructions on page 3
- If you already know someone that you would like to live with, please use "Option 1 -Search for roommate(s) by detail" as described on page 3
- Otherwise we recommend that you use "Option 2 – Search for roommate(s) by profile question" as described on page 5
- You can search for a roommate that is also in the USP program by including students who answered "Yes" to being a student in the University Studies Program as one of your selected profile questions
- Utilize the search results to identify fellow students in USP that may be a good match to live with. Or find a student from another major and suggest you live together in Res Hall B on the 2nd floor.
- At this point you are done! In June when room selection opens, you will see that you (and your roommate) have been pre-assigned to the living learning community floor.
If you need assistance with the housing selection process, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who will you work with on the floor?
We expect between 30-40 USP students to live on the floor along with students from other majors. Just like any other dorm, you will have Resident Assistants (RAs) on your floor. You will also work with a select group of RIT professionals including:Stephanie Krebbeks
Residence Coordinator, Center for Residence Life Dewey Lawrence
Senior Academic Advisor, University Studies Program
Do you still have questions? If so, feel free to contact Dewey Lawrence at 585-475-4289, email@example.com for questions or to learn more.