Minutes

     

ROCHESTER INSTITUTE
OF TECHNOLOGY
RIT AAUP JUNE 2, 2006: 12:00-1:00 P.M.
SAU/RITZ

Officers in attendance: T. Policano (Pres); J-G Naud (VP); J. Aumer (Tres); V. Serravallo (Sec)


I.  New Faculty Resource Booklet

By June 26 the Chapter will review the existing description of RIT-AAUP in the New Faculty Resource Booklet, and make any necessary updates and modifications. 

Secretary Serravallo will contact Lynn Wild to be included in the August 2006 orientation at the Radisson. 

II.  CLA Dean Position

The Chapter reminds colleagues in the College of Liberal Arts of our offer to use the Chapter website to conduct a discussion of the process of the selection of the interim or new dean.  A strength of our website is its assurance of anonymity.

President Policano will request the Provost to meet with all CLA departments.

III.  On-Going Forums and Surveys

It is time to start to bring closure to on-going activities, such as the Academic Senate survey of faculty perception of the RIT environment, faculty workload, and the NTID communications guidelines (with 34 replies and 617 views).

IV.  Academic Senate Standing Committees

President Policano is asking the Academic Senate to develop charges as were initiated on the Chapter website.  The faculty has until June 20, 2006 to offer additional issues.

V.  Ombuds Office

Things seem to be moving along well for the Office of the Ombudsperson for faculty, staff, administrators, and students.


VI.  Summer Meeting Schedule

RIT-AAUP will hold monthly meetings over the 2006 summer, 12:00 to 1:00 pm in the SAU Ritz:

July 7
August 4

respectfully submitted 6/3/06 by V Serravallo, revised 6/4/06

HOME | MINUTES |