"The Innovation University" is an apt descriptor for an institution that has long been affiliated with many of the world's leading innovators in the arts, sciences, and industry. Established in 2010 by President Bill Destler to highlight and celebrate the remarkable RIT-affiliated individuals whose innovations have impacted the world, the RIT Innovation Hall of Fame inducts a stellar class of innovators annually on the eve of the Imagine RIT Innovation + Creativity Festival.
Meet the RIT Innovators
The criteria are straightforward and inclusionary, recognizing individuals who have had a positive impact on a global society by:
- Developing a comprehensive body of artistic, creative and/or technical work advancing a profession's reputation; or
- Being acknowledged regionally, nationally or internationally for unique developments within a profession; or
- Creating or advancing innovative intellectual property, products, technologies, systems, designs or businesses.
Nominees must be:
- RIT alumni, faculty or staff whose innovations were developed primarily in relation to RIT; or
- RIT affiliates whose innovations were developed primarily in cooperation with RIT; or
- Members of the RIT community (alumni, faculty, staff) who have secured patents or awards in their preferred research field; or
- Corporate partners, who in relationship with RIT students, faculty and staff have secured patents or awards with their collaborative research.