Program Accreditation and Educational Objectives
The Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering Technology program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET), http://www.abet.org .
Annual Student Enrollment and Graduation Data
Please find enrollment and graduation data for all ABET accredited programs here.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates from RIT’s Civil Engineering Technology Program are prepared and encouraged to:
- Attain gainful employment in the field of civil engineering technology, construction management, or any other closely related field.
- Pursue additional education, certification and/or professional licensure.
- Attain increasing levels of responsibility and leadership in their chosen field.
- Participate in organizations or activities within and outside of their profession
Student OutcomesGraduates from RIT’s Civil Engineering Technology Program will demonstrate:
a. An ability to select and apply the knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of Civil Engineering Technology to broadly-defined engineering technology activities.
b. An ability to apply a knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering and technology to engineering technology problems that require the application of principles and applied procedures or methodologies.
c. An ability to conduct standard tests and measurements; to conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments and apply experimental results to improve processes.
d. An ability to design systems, components or processes for broadly-defined engineering technology problems appropriate to program educational objectives.
e. An ability to function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team.
f. An ability to identify, analyze and solve broadly-defined engineering technology problems.
g. An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature.
h. An understanding of the need for and an ability to engage in self-directed continuing professional development.
i. An understanding of the a commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities including a respect for diversity.
j. A knowledge of the impact of engineering technology solutions in a societal and global context.
k. A commitment to quality, timeliness and continuous improvement.
- a1. Utilize principles, hardware, and software that are appropriate to produce drawings, reports, quantity estimates, and other documents related to civil engineering.
- a2. Conduct standardized field and laboratory tests related to civil engineering.
- a3. Utilize surveying methods appropriate for land measurement and/or construction layout .
- a4. Apply fundamental computational methods and elementary analytical techniques in sub disciplines related to civil engineering.
- a5. Plan and prepare documents appropriate for design and construction.
- a6. Perform economic analyses and cost estimates related to design, construction, operations and maintenance of systems associated with civil engineering.
- a7. Select appropriate engineering materials and practices.
- a8. Perform standard analysis and design in at least three sub-disciplines related to civil engineering.