BS/MS in Computer Engineering Technology
The computer engineering technology major, in conjunction with the department of computer science in the B. Thomas Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences, offers an accelerated dual degree option that combines the bachelor’s degree in computer engineering technology and a master’s degree in computer science in a cohesive, five-year curriculum.
Applications to this program are accepted from matriculated undergraduate computer engineering technology students who have completed all the courses in the first 3 semesters of the baccalaureate program and have maintained a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.4 out of 4.0.
Position Titles of Recent Graduates
- DSP Engineer
- Sr. Systems Engineer
- Hardware Engineer
- Field Applications Engineer
- Digital Hardware Engineer
- Software Engineer
Program Educational Objectives
The Program Educational Objectives (PEO) of the Computer Engineering Technology program are to produce graduates who are prepared with the depth of knowledge, breadth of experiences and an attitude of professionalism that will enable them to:
- Pursue successful careers in their chosen professional field
- Pursue professional development to enhance their undergraduate degree and advance their careers
- Attaining increasing levels of responsibility and leadership in their chosen field
The Student Outcomes (SO's) for the Computer Engineering Technology program have been established such that students will demonstrate the following skills, knowledge, and behaviors, at the time of graduation.
Graduates of the Computer Engineering Technology program will…
- work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- think critically to identify and solve problems using analytical and experimental tools.
- demonstrate an appropriate mastery of the knowledge, techniques, and skills of the technical component of the curriculum.
- communicate in a clear and concise manner using written and oral communications.
- uphold the highest standard of integrity and ethical conduct.
- develop life long learning skills that ensure technical competency and professional growth.
- recognize contemporary professional, social, and global issues and demonstrate a respect for diversity.
- have a commitment to quality, timeliness and continuous improvement.
The Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering Technology program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET), http://www.abet.org .