Industry Partnerships Highlights
Industrial Advisory Board Members
Computer Engineering Technology:
- Doug Baker - Carestream Health - Kodak
- Nick Cianfrocco - Harris
- Michael Fallat - Linear Technology Corp.
- Mark Gibson - Xelic Inc.
- Garrison Gomez - Honeywell International
- Dave Hinterberger - Harris RF
- Frank Hubbell - Hubbell Consulting
- Richard Keefe - Exelis, Inc.
- Brian Komosinski - AVNET Electronics Marketing
- Jeffrey Lillie - Synaptics
- Bruce Link - Kodak
- Tom Middleton - Eastman Kodak Company
- Mark Mitchell - Xerox
- Chris Murphy - Xelic Inc.
- Steve Organek - First Consulting Inc
- George Peterson - Texas Instruments
- Carl Petruzeli - Harris Corporation
- Jeffrey Pink - Windstream
- Jim Prowak - Synaptics
- Michael Sanfilippo - Xelic, Inc.
- Donald Tripp - Synaptics
- Tracy VanAmeron - Harris RF Communications Division
- Alex Whitaker - Tri Tower Telecom
Electrical Engineering Technology:
- Rob Clark - Robtron, Inc
- Martin Dombey - Yamaha Commercial Audio Systems Inc.
- Benjamin Dunton - NYS Department of Public Service
- Carl Fahrenkrug Jr. - Microwave Filter Company, Inc.
- Randy Fatula - Lockheed Martin MS2
- Dan Hilsdorf - Quality Vision International, Inc.
- Molly Johnston - Innovative Contracting Services, LLC
- Stan Kordana - General Dynamics Defense Systems
- Chris Kowal - Remote Solutions. LLC
- John Kroetz - Welch Allyn Medical Engineering
- John Link - Wegmans Distribution Center
- Gary Melnick - Bloomsburg Univeristy of PA
- Jim McGinn - Lucent Technologies
- Michael McPhee - Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield - Rochester Region
- Kevin Newton - GM
- Austin O'Connor - Constellation Energy Group- Nine Mile Point Nuclear Station
- Mark Oliver - Monroe Community College
- David Rea - General Motors Corp
- Aaron Roof - Vanteon
- John Satunas - Victaulic Company of America
- Bob Schultz - National Grid
- Craig Schwarz - TE Connectivity
- David Shields, P.E. - Pathfinder Engineers & Architect LLP
- David Smith - L-3 Communications - GCS
- Jeffrey Steiner - National Grid
- Paul Swift - Constellation Energy -RE Ginna Nuclear Power Plant
- Greg Swistak - Tyco Electronics
- William Tomkiewicz - SNC Lavalin
- Troy Walker - University of Rochester
Telecommunications Engineering Technology:
- Sumeeta Arora - Cyoptics
- Jim Baase - Finger Lakes Technologies Group
- Christopher Bridenbaugh - Sprint Nextel
- Jacqueline Callari - Redcom Laboratories
- Gill Castle - Windstream Business
- John Chambers - Frontier Communications
- Michael Collins - IBM
- Chris Cross - RFL Electronics Inc.
- John Cunico - Frontier Communications
- Mark Davis - Frontier
- Samuel Delibert - REDCOM Laboratories, Inc.
- Peter Eckhart - EarthLink Business
- Mike Emmerling - Frontier Communications
- Thomas FitzGerald - Frontier Communications
- Shawn Flynn - Verizon Wireless
- Jeff Gasper - ECC Technologies
- Tom Greiner - Nixon Peabody LLP
- Klaus Gueldenpfennig - REDCOM Laboratories, Inc.
- John Hansen - Windstream
- Ronald Healey - ECC Technologies, Inc.
- Tim Heuser - Dialogic Research Inc.
- Steve Husband - REDCOM Laboratories, Inc.
- David Johnson - AT&T Hosting and Application Services
- Charlie Kernehan - Frontier Communications
- Gene Kielty - Dialogic
- TJ Lantier - Verizon Wireless
- Lawrence Lateef - Development Authority of the North Country
- Rob Macaluso - Frontier Telephone of Rochester
- Gary Melnick - Bloomsburg U of PA
- Debottym Mukherjee - Windstream Communications
- Thomas Perrone - Fibertech Networks
- David Portzer - Adjunct Professor
- Steve Snider - Frontrunner Network
- Steve Tunney - Vadiscom
- Stevens Vuppula - Alcatel·Lucent
- John Turner - USA DATANET
3rd ARM Developer Day @ RIT
The 3rd ARM Developer Day @RIT was held on November 30th, 2012. More than 150 students and faculty from RIT and nearby colleges participated in the event. There were 16 concurrent workshops throughout the day as well as several focused presentations.
There were more than a dozen companies participating including: ARM, Keil, Texas Instruments, Freescale, Cypress Semiconductors, Microsemi, QNX, NXP, Xilinx, Avnet, Mathworks, Element14 and last but not least, the Raspberry Pi Foundation. As a matter of fact, there were Raspberry Pi workshops every day leading up to the event. These workshops were given by Tech Evangelist Rob Bishop at different venues throughout Rochester school district, at hacker spaces, with student organizations, and at the 3rd ARM Developer Day. They concluded on Saturday December 1st with another set of workshops and with the 24 hour hackaton in the Random Hacks of Kindness Global event.
This annual event gives an opportunity to students and faculty to learn about new technology, open source platforms, and innovation. In addition, it is a fantastic opportunity for students to network with other students and companies in search for co-ops or full time positions.
During the event, ARM University Program Manager Joe Bungo announced the second student design contest on Energy Efficient projects that will culminate at the Imagine RIT festival. Students will showcase their ideas to a possible audience of more than 30,000 quests, who will participate in the selection of the best student project.
View the Arm Developer Day registration and events here.
Want to see the videos and photos? View them here.