As a collaborative community, CAST will be a leader in innovative, interdisciplinary, and international career-focused education; experiential learning; applied research; and scholarship. We will apply our unique values to undergraduate and graduate programs in technology, service, and applied science, preparing individuals to thrive in and contribute to an ever-changing global society.
Through an education rooted in technology-based applications, CAST prepares students to become successful professionals within a global society. CAST leverages this through its:
- A. Faculty's broad academic and industrial expertise that provides students with an educational experience rich in theory, enhanced by scholarship, and reinforced with meaningful application-based learning;
- B. Responsiveness to industry needs and global opportunities through incubation and implementation of innovative programs;
- C. Student-centered teaching that emphasizes: a) innovative, engaging, and challenging coursework; b) intellectually vibrant instruction; c) project-based learning; d) practical team interactions; e) student-industry cooperative experiences; and f) industrial, government, and academic partnerships that prepare students for immediate career success;
- D. Proactive and adaptive service systems that provide students with a flexible yet solid learning infrastructure;
- E. Leadership in global outreach development through engagement with industries, regions, and countries that advance our educational mission.
- BALANCE: We value the balance among teaching, scholarly activities, and service that capitalizes on the strengths and interests of the individual.
- EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING: We embrace the philosophy and principles of experiential learning through the application of theoretical knowledge.
- INNOVATION: We embrace and encourage innovative curricula, teaching techniques, student discovery, entrepreneurial activities, and international outreach.
- COLLABORATION: We pursue partnerships with industry, government, education, and alumni.
- STUDENT-CENTEREDNESS: We promote a student-focused environment through personal and professional interactions among students, faculty and staff.
- DIVERSITY: We recognize and embrace individual diversity. We are an inclusive community of scholars.
- TRADITION: We embrace the tradition of career- focused education and core values of RIT; through the integrity of our curriculum and instruction, we instill these values in our students.