To be considered for admission to the MS program in hospitality and tourism management, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution,
- Submit official transcripts (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work,
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Foundation course work with a GPA of 3.0 or higher (if required),
- Submit two professional recommendations,
- Submit a current resume, and
- Complete a graduate application.
- International applicants whose native language is not English must submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A minimum score of 80 (Internet-based) is required. International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores will be accepted in place of the TOEFL. A minimum score of 6.5 is required. All international students will take the Michigan Test of English Proficiency upon arrival. A prescribed program in English and a reduced program course load may be required.
After a review by the program chair, applicants whose prior undergraduate work has been in areas other than hospitality or tourism may be required to complete additional courses. Students may choose elective courses with the approval of the program.