The Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Engineering Technology program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission (ETAC) of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET), http://www.abet.org .
Annual Student Enrollment and Graduation Data
Please find enrollment and graduation data for all ABET accredited programs here.
Program education objectives
Graduates from RIT's Manufacturing Engineering Technology program will demonstrate:
- A professional work ethic, a commitment to lifelong learning, quality and continuous improvement through the clear ability to assume increasing levels of technical and/or management responsibility.
- Leadership and participation in teams that act as change agents and innovators in product design and manufacturing related organizations.
- The ability to drive the design of manufacturable products, design effective and efficient new production processes and improve the performance of existing operations.
- Effective communication.
Graduates from the Electrical/Mechanical Engineering Technology Program will demonstrate:
- The ability to apply current knowledge and adapt to emerging applications of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology.
A2. Manufacturing Processes
A6. Production Operations
A8. Industrial Organization and Management
A10. Financial Measures
A11. Systems Integration
- The ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of manufacturing technology listed below to the solution of manufacturing problems
- The ability to formulate, conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments and apply experimental results to improve processes.
- The ability to apply creativity in the design of manufacturing systems, components, and processe
- The ability to function effectively in teams.
- The ability to identify, analyze, and solve technical problems.
- Effective communication.
- Recognition of the need for, and the ability to engage in, life long learning.
- Knowledge of ethical and social responsibility expected of professionals working in the Manufacturing Engineering Technology field.
- Respect for diversity and a knowledge of contemporary professional, societal, and global issues.
- Commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
- Competence in the use of the computer as a problem solving and communications tool.
- The ability to apply project management techniques to the completion of lab assignments and projects.
- Successfully completing a comprehensive design project that demonstarates the ability to improve the manufacturability of product designs and design effective new manufacturing/assembly processes and procedures.
- Meaningful work experience in the manufacturing engineering technology field.
- The ability to articulate the economic and organizational importance of manufacturing to companies, individuals and the community.