Changfeng Ge, Ph.D., is an associate professor in the college's Packaging Science Department and is also the director of APC Center for Packaging Innovation at RIT. Ge has been at RIT for since 2005. Previously, Ge served as the technical director for Pack Solutions Pte Ltd and Senior Engineer in Singapore Institute of Industrial Research , in Singapore. His areas of interest include: barrier packaging material development - nano incorporated adhesive; Smart packaging - RFID application in packaging, active packaging; transport packaging design - cushion foam design and packaging simulation - finite element analysis (FEA) to predict packaging performance. Ge's scholarly work includes:
Changfeng Ge, Package Structural & Mechanism Design with SolidWorks. SDC publications
Selected peer-reviewed journal publications include:
- Changfeng Ge, Daniel Goodwin, Compression strength formula for bliss cases and wrap-around boxes, Journal of Applied Packaging Research, Vol 4/No.3 October 2010 ,DEStech Publications, Inc, USA
- Changfeng Ge, Adding Barrier-shrink-film to a PET bottle to improve barrier properties, Journal of Applied Packaging Research , Vol 4/No.2, July 2009, DEStech Publications, Inc.(USA)
- Changfeng Ge, Application of finite element analysis to predict the critical Top-load of a corrugated box, Journal of Applied Packaging Research , Vol 3/No.3, July 2009, DEStech Publications, Inc.(USA)
- Changfeng Ge, Daniel Goodwin and Dennis Young, Using the C-e Pairs to Develop Conventional Cushion Curves and Cushioning Specifications, Journal of Applied Packaging Research, September 2007 ,DEStech Publications, Inc, USA
- Changfeng Ge, Model of Accelerated Vibration Test, Journal of the Packaging Technology and Science, John Wiley & Sons Ltd 13:7-11, 2000, UK
- Changfeng Ge, Efficient Packaging Design in Logistics, Journal of the Packaging Technology and Science, John Wiley & Sons Ltd, September / October 1996, UK
- Changfeng Ge, Analysis and Testing of the Corrugated Board Cushioning (2), Pack Report, December 1992, Germany
Zhou Xiangxing, Changfeng Ge, Ma Ximing, Self-balancing Vibration Conveyor with complex Bed. Patent No: 52112, PR China,1989.December
Ge has been awarded the following major research contracts as PI since 2006:
- Packaging Design of Daguerreotypes, awarded by SAT(Save America’s Treasures) in 2010
- Protective and flexible packaging for critical space hardware, awarded by NASA in 2008, USA
- Packaging evaluation and development for apple, awarded by Premier Apple Corporation in 2007, USA
- Nano incorporated adhesive for enhancing moisture barrier for multi layer packaging, awarded by American Packaging Corporation in 2006,USA
Ge also holds the title of Co-Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Applied Packaging Research, United States. He is also Chair of ASTM D10.13 division and co-chair University Liaison, ASTM D10.
Ge was awarded the SISIR Silver Individual innovation award for Cost Optimization Packaging System in Singapore. He was awarded as CAST outstanding faculty scholar in 2009-2010 at RIT.
Ge’s Research interests include: Packaging Performance Prediction using mathematic modeling, Barrier packaging material development and Transport packaging design.