2007 – M. Div. – St. Bernard’s School of Theology and Ministry
2001 – Ph.D. Human Resource Management – LaSalle University
1993 – M.S. Packaging Science – Rochester Institute of Technology
1976 – B.S. in Business Administration – SUNY Empire State College
Current Role/Title/Years at RIT: Current Roles: Assistant Professor, Center Professional Development (CPD) and NTID Communication Trainer and Presenter, Lean Six Sigma Curriculum Program Developer and Instructor; Years at RIT: 19.
Areas of Interest, Scholarly Work, Research—
2011 Co- authored journal article with Dr. Frank Johnston: “How Positive Psychology Addresses Anxiety and Stress in a Cultural Diverse Workforce,” at the American Psychological Association Conference in Washington, D.C.
2011 Co-presented with Dr. Frank Johnston at the New York State Psychological Association Conference “How Positive Psychology Addresses a Culturally Diverse Workforce” in NYC. – This highly recognized presentation showed how performance issues can be solved for the culturally diverse worker by identifying the employee’s strengths, improving communication, and by instituting a Lean Six Sigma methodology.
2010 Published Training Manual System: Leadership Development Curriculum from the Ground Level – This train-the-trainer manual system assists employment agencies for transitioning ex-felons back into the workforce training them using 15 Lean Six Sigma problem–solving tools.
2008 Published a Substance Abuse Article for a Monroe County Non-Profit Agency.
2001 – 1995 Published ten articles regarding Supply Chain Management in nationally recognized packaging trade magazines.
1994 Published Textbook Author: Packaging Sales: An Innovative Problem-Solving Approach – Top Ten Bestseller List on IOPP publishing.
Boards and Professional Affiliations—
- Rochester Leadership Institute Member
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt with a Concentration in Human Engineering
- Certified NYS OASAS Approved Educational Trainer and Provider #0522 for Workforce Development
- Authorized OSHA General Industry Outreach Trainer
- Educational Committee Member for the Rochester Area Group of Psychotherapists
Honors and Awards
- 2011 Rochester Institute of Technology’s Eisenhart Teaching Nomination – RIT’s highest teaching award
- American Management Association Trained Instructional Designer Certificate
- American Management Association Train – the – Trainer Certificate
- Keynote Speaker at the New York State Corrections Conference