Vision & Mission
- The College of Liberal Arts encourages the creation, development, dissemination, and application of human knowledge in the arts, humanities and social sciences by promoting innovative teaching, scholarship and research, thus providing a comprehensive education for all RIT students both in its general education and professional/career oriented undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- The College further strives to prepare students for a lifetime of personal growth and responsible citizenship in an increasingly technological and rapidly changing society by maintaining and promoting the intellectual climate on campus, contributing to students' awareness and understanding of diversity, and enhancing students' abilities to reason critically and communicate effectively.
- Through its excellence of programs and national and international reputation, the College of Liberal Arts at RIT will become a premier resource, bridging the scientific and technological disciplines and the humanities and social sciences.
- By attracting and retaining faculty and staff of the highest quality, the College of Liberal Arts will encourage the intellectual growth of each student, will help prepare students to be successfully engaged in a global society, and will be the preferred academic choice for outstanding undergraduate and graduate students.
- The College will stimulate a passion for lifelong learning and will provide an intellectually and artistically vibrant environment for the whole RIT community.
- The College of Liberal Arts values a rigorous liberal arts education that encourages innovative experiential learning and active scholarship, through investments in the arts, humanities and social sciences.
- The College fosters the highest ethical standards in all its work.
- The College values the educational and social benefits of diversity and global awareness. the College recruits students, faculty and staff from a wide range of experiences, viewpoints, cultures and backgrounds, and all members of the college community are valued contributors to campus life.
- The College promotes an inter-disciplinary and collaborative environment of openness and academic freedom.
- The College cultivates a working environment in which all staff and faculty are supported in their work, can develop and use their talents, and enjoy respect and recognition.
- The College values the active and meaningful participation of all members of the College community, assuring significant input in decisions that shape its destiny.