All Advertising & Public Relations majors create a digital portfolio comprised of projects, papers, and related professional materials. Compiled throughout your college career, the Communication Portfolio functions as a kind of "billboard" for your abilities, skills, and knowledge by presenting significant academic and professional accomplishments. It may include (with examples):
- academic writing (term papers, thesis)
- professional writing (reports, manuals, blogs)
- design work (brochures, programs, posters)
- multimedia (podcasts, websites, videos)
- publications (articles, stories you "pitched" and that were carried by the press)
Creating your Communication Portfolio is an exercise in gathering together work you've previously produced and then presenting it in a compelling and attractive fashion. Each term, the School hosts a Portfolio Review Day when seniors present their portfolio work in a public space for review and comment by faculty, staff and peers.