Writing -- of, by and for all people.
Any new tech gadget--hopelessly addicted to digital devices.
SELECTED RECENT PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
Conferences, Publications and Major Presentations (not including poetry readings or publications as a ghostwriter)
• years of dust (poetry collection). FootHills Publishing, 2009
• Featured poet in anthology, Simpatico on the Road
• April 2008 – “The Myth of the Nutria” Le Mot Juste 2009
• October 24/26 2008 – “Contained in Denver: 2008” Poem in Counterpunch http://www.counterpunch.org/poems10242008.html
• Writer in a collaboration for PUSH Theatre performance at GEVA Theater (“Journeys”)
• Panel Participant and presenter: Mid Atlantic Popular Culture Association/American Culture Association Conference in Philadelphia, PA. Working Class Studies Panel: Katrina's Adjuncts 2007
• Panel Chair and presenter New York State Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (NYTESOL) Conference in White Plains, NY. When to Turn On Technology 2007
• October 2003 Session at LCTE/CCCC regional conference (New Orleans): "Technology in the English Classroom: Blogs, Journals, and Research." Statewide conference on Technology and Composition hosted by the Louisiana Association of College Composition and the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE)
• July 2003-July 2004 – Political speechwriter and campaign consultant for State School Board Candidate, also panelist and consultant on high stakes testing and curricula in middle and high school reading and language arts.
• October 2002 Keynote Speaker at LCTE/CCCC regional conference (Lafayette LA): "Teaching Composition with Technology” Statewide conference on Technology and Composition hosted by the Louisiana Association of College Composition and the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE)
• 2000,2001,2002, 2003 -- Served as a paid consultant and writer of the ESL section of the Easy Access Handbook (Michael Keene and Katherine Adams)
• 2002 Summer -- Loyola University Publications - substantial revision of freshman recruiting preview books and pamphlets (unders special contract with university news)
• 2000 October--LACC Keynote Address: "Teaching Composition with Technology” Statewide conference on Technology and Composition hosted by the Louisiana Association of College Composition and the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE)
• 2000 November-- Orleans Parish Schools TV network series in faculty development program (two 2 hour sessions)
• 2000 August --Tulane/Loyola Law School "International Legal Drafting Seminar" on Writing via the web: Collaborating using shared Internet files and portals.
• 2000 May “2000: National Conference of Jesuit Business School Deans: Integrating Technology and Faculty Development”
• 1999 "Crossing the Digital Divide: Teaching with Technology" Coordinated the program and lead the workshop lab sessions for faculty of Loyola University.
• 1997 Forum on implementing technology into Writing Curriculum in LA higher education. (La College Comp. Assoc. Meeting).
• 1995 "Writing for Money" a grants workshop presented for local teachers
• 1991-92 Brochures and Advertising copy for businesses in the Greater New Orleans area.
• 1991 "Advising Women in the 90's: Different Directions" Chaired a panel for the Conference on Diversity, National Association of Academic Advisors, Regional Conference
• 1988-1991 Planned and conducted workshops, support programs, study skills sessions, and information seminars for various student and faculty groups on a number of topics related to the academic and personal adjust needs of the women at Tulane. As a member of faculty/staff coalitions on campus, participated in or conduct prejudice-reduction workshops and peer advisor-training orientation sessions on campus and for Metro organizations. I represented Tulane at a national conference on Diversity in Long Beach, CA in 1990.
• 1986 "English as a Second Language: Multi-Cultural Classes" Tulane University, Center for Latin American Studies Conference for teachers of bilingual/ESL classes in Metropolitan area
• 1985-1986 Ghostwriter for 3 Psychologists in the N.O. area (2 books published under the doctors' names, edited numerous papers and presentations for my clients, wrote scripts for syndicated talk show)
• 1978-79 Teaching English as a Second Dialect: 7-12" Jefferson Parish Jefferson Parish, teacher in-service training sessions
• 1978 Jefferson Parish Curriculum Guide for ESL: K-12 (Directed the summer program for the Curriculum Committee and edited the final version in order for Jefferson Parish to meet Louisiana requirements for Accountability and Evaluation.)
• 1976-1977 As a member of the Tulane University Educational Resource Center for the Office of Civil Rights, I presented numerous papers, workshops, and lectures throughout Louisiana and the Southeastern US. (Curriculum planning and development, alternative education, community involvement in program planning/implementation, and English Language and Literature.)
• 1976 Awarded grant from the Louisiana Endowment for the Humanities for community seminars among humanities scholars and community leaders from Philippine, Hispanic, and Vietnamese communities.
• 1976 "Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages" (Videotaped presentation, Louisiana State Conference on Bilingual Ed.)