The Concert Band is an ensemble comprised of wind instruments that performs a variety of works including the Sousa marches, British Band literature, Broadway music, the latest compositions, and much more. The band typically performs several times each semester.
For the audition please prepare a piece of music that you already know, preferably from a solo concerto or sonata. In addition there will be sight-reading. Generally speaking if you performed in a concert band in high school you will be successful in performing the music performed by the RIT Concert Band.
Below is a list of works that have been performed by the RIT Concert Band over the past five years.
- Frank Ericson - Overture Jubiloso
- Aaron Copland - Lincoln Portrait
- Alfred Reed - A Festival Prelude
- Jay Babcock (arr) - Beauty and the Beast
- Jay Bocook (arr) - Danse Bacchanale
- Gustav Holst - First Suite in Eb
- Gustav Holst - Second Suite in F
- Harold L. Walters - Instant Concert
- James Clifton Williams – Fanfare and Allegro
- James Swearingen - Sea Gate Overture
- Johan deMiej – Lord of the Rings: Gandalf
- John B. Chance - Variations on a Korean Folk Song
- John B. Chance - Incantation and Dance
- John Barnes Chance - Blue Lake
- John Philip Sousa - Liberty Bell
- John Williams - Sound The Bells
- John Williams / arr. Paul Lavender - Jurassic Park
- Leroy Anderson - Clarinet Candy
- Michael Brown - Appalachian Air
- Michael Sweeney - Kinesis
- Michael Sweeney - Distant Thunder of the Sacred Forest
- Michael Sweeney - Ancient Voices
- Phil Snedecor (World Premiere) - Concerto For Trumpet
- Ralph Ford - Royal Canadian Sketches
- Richard L. Saucedo - Awakening Hills
- Richard Saucedo - Snow Caps
- Richard Wagner – Elsa’s Procession to the Cathedral
- Robert R. Bennett - Suite of Old American Dances
- Robert Smith - Inchon
- Robert Smith - Symphony # 2 for Band
- Sammy Nestico - Rhapsody for Flugelhorn and Band
- Samuel R. Hazo - Psalm 42
- Samuel R. Hazo - Perthshire Majesty
- Thomas Knox - American Pageant
Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:00PM - 6:15PM SAU Music Room (A120)
Contact the director, Mr. Dean Davis, for more information.
Students can register for this 1 credit course.