- You must first complete at least two years worth of coursework. Students are strongly encouraged to complete co-op in the summer.
- Locate a potential co-op. All co-ops must be pre-approved by the Department of Psychology. So after you have identified a co-op opportunity, complete the approval form (see below) and submit it to Dr. Baschnagel (email@example.com) for approval.
- Once approved, you should be automatically enrolled in the relevant course (PSYC 498, 499, or 550) in SIS (but make sure to check SIS to be sure you were registered).
- Only for Co-Op and Internship Placements (PSYC 499 and 498): Register your co-op with the Office of Co-op and Career Services reporting system. Go to http://www.rit.edu/reportco-op and complete and submit the form.
Note: Students doing the Undergraduate Research Experience (PSYC 550) do NOT register their placement with this system. Submitting the approval form to the Psychology Department is the only paperwork needed
- Upon completion of your co-op, you will be directed to complete a summary of your work experience.
- Finally, your employer will receive a request to complete an evaluation of your job performance. This request will be sent by the Office of Co-Op and Career Services