Try your hand at out quiz for a chance to win fun prizes!
(Our last prize winner was second year school psychology student, Kimberly Tucker!)
1. Name the four pillars of assessment as described by Sattler.
2. When testing a bilingual student, what method can be used to determine the language you should test them in?
Ask the child which language they prefer
Observe which language the child uses in the classroom and at home
Ask the teacher and parent to describe the child's language preference
All of the above
3. Who first coined the term 'intelligence quotient'?
Louis William Stern
4. A _____ _______ occurs when you overrate the responses of a child whom you perceive as extremely capable or underrate the responses of a child whom you perceive as less capable.
5. Over time, if an observer changes the criterion (or threshold) for judging the presence or absence of a behavior due to fatigue, learning, or other variables, it is called:
Influence of extraneous cues
6. On the Bender Visual Motor Gestalt test, this refers to an error that involves the increase, continuation, or prolongation of the number of units in the design that the student is asked to reproduce.
Distortion of shape
7. Which subtest in the WISC-III is a good measure of social judgement?
8. A GCA score of 110 on the DAS is given what descriptor?
9. Name 3 of Gardner's Multiple Intelligences: