Program-Level Assessment Support
Transition to Semesters: Assessment Support from the Student Learning Outcomes Assessment Office
How do programs continue to assess program-level student learning outcomes during the transition to semesters?
Be strategic and selective about your program-level assessment to manage the transition from Quarters to Semesters. Our focus is on:
- Assessing 1-2 program-level student learning outcomes each year.
- Selecting courses/assignments that are included in both quarter and semester programs (capstone, co-op, major project).
- Working on major elements of program-level assessment plan (e.g., develop or refine scoring guides or rubrics, analyze existing data).
- Creating opportunities for conversations about assessment data.
Here is a sampling of potential workshops we provide, or we will customize training for your program faculty.
- Selecting assignments and developing rubrics that align to program level outcomes
- Identifying benchmarks
- Determining what and how to assess program-level outcomes during the transition to semester
We welcome the opportunity to work with you and your faculty. Please call on us at 585.475.2310, OR visit our website at: http://www.rit.edu/outcomes/