General Funding Sources & Deadlines
- RIT Research and Creativity travel grant - https://www.rit.edu/academicaffairs/gradstudies/graduate-student-research-and-creativity-grants For the Fall Grants your receipts must be dated between July 1, 2014 and December 31st 2014. 2015 Date not posted yet
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program Astronomy & Physics Oct. 30th, 2014 @ 8:00pm ET. 2015 Date not posted yet
- NY Space Grant Consortium NY Space Grant Community College Partnership Program: Community college/technical school faculty applications for teaching release time are due December 15, 2014. 2015 Date not posted yet
- NASA ROSES (Research Opportunities in Space and Earth Sciences): http://science.nasa.gov/researchers/sara/grant-solicitations/ varied deadlines
- NASA NSPIRES: http://nspires.nasaprs.com/external/ NASA Inspires Deadlines for next 30 Days
- NASA Postdoctoral Program (NPP): http://nasa.orau.org/postdoc/application/index.htm Annual application deadlines are March 1, July 1, and November 1. Each deadline is 6:00 p.m.
- LIGO Research Support: due October 28th, 2015, and the first week in October annually thereafter. http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=504855&org=NSF&sel_org=NSF&from=fund
- Antarctic Astrophysics and Geospace Sciences: Due April 15th annually Contact Vladimir Papitashvili firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=13420&org=NSF
- Theoretical Gravitational Physics: Due October 28, 2015 Contact: Pedro Marronetti email@example.com http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=503539&org=NSF&sel_org=NSF&from=fund
- Theoretical Particle Astrophysics and Cosmology: Due December 3, 2015. Contact Marc Sher, firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=503538&org=NSF&sel_org=NSF&from=fund
- Astronomy and Astrophysics Research Grants (AAG): https://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=13630 Full Proposal Window: September 15, 2015 - November 16, 2015 (September 15 - November 15, Annually There after)
- Partnerships in Astronomy & Astrophysics Research and Education (PAARE): https://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=501046 Full Proposal Deadline Date: August 21, 2015, Third Friday in August, Every Other Year Thereafter
- NSF Astronomical Sciences Active Funding Opportunities Page: https://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_list.jsp?org=AST Multiple opportunities and deadlines.
- National Academy of Sciences Sigma XI Grants: grants of up to $5,000 for astronomy research Sigma Xi Grants-in-Aid Deadlines March 15th (2015) & October 15th
- NSF Astronomy and Astrophysics Postdoc Fellowship http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=5291&org=NSF : due by 14 October 2015
- International Travel Grants http://aas.org/grants-and-prizes/international-travel-grants : grants for those traveling to international meetings. Apply by: 9 Jan. 2015 for meetings between 1 March 2105-31 Aug. 2015, 5 June 2015 for meetings between 1 Sept. 2015-29 Feb. 2016, 8 Jan 2016 for meetings between 1 March 2016-31 Aug. 2016
- AAS FAMOUS Travel Grants http://aas.org/grants-and-prizes/famous-travel-grants : grants award up to $1,000 to attend a single AAS meeting. Priority will be given to members of historically underrepresented groups (small colleges, minorities, non-traditional students, veterans, among others). Out of date of website: apply by 1 October 2014.
Observational Proposals & Deadlines
- Hubble Space Telescope proposals: http://www.stsci.edu/hst/proposing/docs/proposingOverview updated for 2015 deadlines varies from Feb-July,2015
- National Science Foundation link: http://www.nsf.gov/dir/index.jsp?org=mps deadline 2015
- Spitzer Space Telescope: http://ssc.spitzer.caltech.edu/warmmission/propkit/cp/ 2015 deadline not posted
- National Optical Astronomy Observatory (NOAO): http://ast.noao.edu/observing Proposal Deadline: March 31, 2015.
- Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy (SOFIA): http://www.sofia.usra.edu/index.html 2015 Deadline not posted
- Infrared Telescope Facility (IRTF): http://irtfweb.ifa.hawaii.edu February 1, 2015 - July 31, 2015
- ALMA National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO): https://science.nrao.edu 2015B Febuary 2, 2015
- Submillimeter Array (SMA: http://sma1.sma.hawaii.edu evaluated semiannually around May 15 and November 15
- Gemini Observatory: http://www.gemini.edu/sciops/?q=sciops 2015B Deadline not posted
- Chandra X-Ray Observatory: http://cxc.harvard.edu/proposer/ .March 17, 2015.
- XMM-Newton x-ray observatory: http://xmm.esac.esa.int 2015 Deadline not posted
Note: most previous deadlines lie between Aug-Oct of the year for the next year for annual proposals. Dates differ for bi-annual proposals.