Susan Smith Pagano
Thomas H. Gosnell Scholl of Life Sciences
Rochester Institute of Technology
85 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, NY 14623
- Avian nutritional ecology
- Physiological condition of migrating songbirds
- Phenology of bird migration
- Smith, S.B., S.A. DeSando, and T. Pagano. 2013. The value of native and invasive fruit-bearing shrubs for migratory birds. Northeastern Naturalist, 20(1):171-184.
- Smith, S.B. 2013. An assessment of seasonal refueling of songbirds during spring and autumn migration stopover at Braddock Bay, Lake Ontario. Condor, 115(2) accepted.
- Smith, S.B., and P.W.C. Paton. 2011. Long-term shifts in autumn migration by songbirds at a coastal eastern North American stopover site. Wilson Journal of Ornithology 123:557-566.
- Smith, S.B., and S.R. McWilliams. 2010. Patterns of fuel use and storage in migrating passerines in relation to fruit resources at autumn stopover sites. Auk 127:108-118.
- Smith, S.B., and S.R. McWilliams. 2009. Dietary macronutrients affect plasma lipid metabolites and body composition of a migratory passerine, the White-throated Sparrow (Zonotrichia albicollis). Physiological and Biochemical Zoology 82(3):258-269.
- Smith, S.B., K.H. McPherson, J.M. Backer, B.J. Pierce, D.W. Podlesak, and S.R. McWilliams. 2007. Fruit quality and consumption by songbirds during autumn migration. Wilson Journal of Ornithology: 119:419-428.
- Smith, S.B., S.R. McWilliams, and C.G. Guglielmo. 2007. Effect of diet composition on plasma metabolite profiles in a migratory songbird. Condor 109:48-58.