Make it happen…together as one!
RIT's Tradition of Philanthropy
As students at RIT, we experience all that makes RIT special. We learn from great instructors, collaborate with experts and use state-of-the-art facilities. Co-op with companies around the globe and apply classroom education to real-world problems and projects. Study in places like Croatia and Dubai.
But did you realize that none of these things would be possible without the support of RIT donors? That's because the tuition and fees we pay to attend RIT cover only about 54% of the true cost of our education (see our Philanthropy Quick Facts). The difference is made up by gifts from RIT alumni, parents, faculty, staff, friends - and even students.
This tradition of philanthropy dates back to the founding of RIT. Today, wherever you look, you see the names of our most generous supporters-Rochester, Lomb, Lowenthal, Andrews, Ritter, Peck, Gleason, Eastman, Dyer, Golisano, Saunders, Gosnell, and many, many more. Beside them are thousands of others whose names may never be on a building, but whose gifts are just as important.
How will you leave your legacy?
You may think a gift of $5 couldn't possibly make a difference, but what if everyone in your group of friends or club or organization teamed up to show their support of RIT? When combined with the participation of the entire student body, your gift will make a tremendous difference. Giving has a huge impact on RIT, and we're building a spirit of "giving back" and a culture of giving within our university.
What can you do to keep RIT's tradition of philanthropy alive?
- Get involved! Volunteer for one of RIT's many student clubs or organizations. Or be a part of our Orange and Brown Society-just e-mail email@example.com to learn more.
- Become a donor yourself! Support the part of RIT you love most and make a gift. Big or small, your gift will help ensure that students continue to have the same opportunities you've had at RIT.
- Learn more about philanthropy at RIT! Find out who cares about the Fund for RIT and why they support RIT students.
- Thank a donor! Stay tuned for information on Student Engagement & Philanthropy Day, where you'll have an opportunity to thank a donor for supporting RIT.
- Spread the word! Help other students understand the importance of giving. Tell them to visit rit.edu/giving/students to learn all about it.