All students accepted at the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) as a student enrolled through the New York State Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) have the following academic, financial, and program responsibilities:
- Attend classes and labs.
- Attend HEOP’s weekly study hours (applies only to freshmen students).
- Actively seek assistance from HEOP tutors, tutoring labs, professors’ office hours, and/or other academic support units.
- Maintain a term and cumulative GPA of at least a 2.0
- Contact financial aid, HEOP, and academic department before withdrawing from courses and/or taking an LOA.
- Students on academic probation will meet more frequently with their assigned HEOP counselor and will participate in HEOP Seminar.
- Students are eligible for up to 10 semesters of HEOP aid— five years of fall and spring semesters. HEOP does not provide funding or academic support services for summer classes. Students may enroll in summer classes at their own expense.
- Enroll in at least 12 credit hours each term and meet SAP guidelines.
- Complete and submit all financial aid forms each year.
- Keep track of accrued federal student loans.
- Attend scheduled appointments with assigned HEOP counselor. All students will be sent a courtesy reminder email of their counseling appointments.
- Notify the HEOP Office of any changes in personal or academic status that may impact HEOP eligibility.
- Use and check the RIT e-mail regularly and provide a working cell number.
- Participate in HEOP activities/events coordinated by the HEOP office and the Student Advisory Board.
- Participate in HEOP’s mentoring program; LEAP (applies only to freshmen students).
- Participate in student clubs/organizations/sports and/or leadership opportunities.
- Respect the rights and property of others and uphold the image of RIT and HEOP by adhering to RIT’s policies.