Goal: Create and sustain an institutional infrastructure that effectively supports progress in achieving diversity goals in the University strategic plan
Objective 1: Sustain and increase university-wide efforts designed to amplify the potential to secure gifts, grants, and opportunities to advance the goals outlined in this plan
- Incorporate diversity and inclusion interests into philanthropic campaign efforts.
- Seek corporate and foundation support for key pipeline and academic support programs that serve women, international, AALANA, DHH, and/or students with diverse abilities.
- Engage women, international, AALANA, DHH, and alumni with diverse abilities in diversity and inclusion efforts (e.g. reunions, yield events, speaker series, recognition events, etc.).
- Increased funding support for diversity and inclusion initiatives from philanthropic efforts.
- Increased initiatives aimed at multicultural, DHH, and women alumni cultivation.
- A dedicated FTE for the engagement of multicultural alumni.
Objective 2: Engage key leaders and stakeholders in analyzing disaggregated data and special studies to better understand and address long-standing organizational challenges, recruitment and yield of AALANA undergraduate students and the loss of women, AALANA, and DHH tenure-track faculty.
- Schedule regular and on-going meetings with key leaders and relevant university committees and commissions (President’s Commission on Women, President’s Commission on Pluralism and Inclusion, academic advisors, etc.) to review data and reports to increase organizational learning and understanding of significant issues to be addressed.
- Set expectations that practices and outcomes related to diversity and inclusion are vital measures of institutional excellence. Create a culture of organizational learning and continuous improvement at all levels.
- Institute systems of reporting and accountability and continuous improvement to optimize the realization of the university’s diversity goals.
- Develop and report on key areas in all four dimensions of the diversity framework.
- Increase research and grant funding opportunities which include diversity/inclusion related outcomes.
- An annual report to the Board of Trustees Diversity Committee on selected indicators outlined in the diversity framework.
- Report on Inclusive Excellence goals, objectives, strategies and measures with academic and administrative units, commissions and other bodies as appropriate.