© 2011 Student Learning Support & Assessment
Rochester Institute of Technology
- Must be one of the following:
- First generation college student (neither parent has completed a bachelor.s degree).
- Low income college students (150% of the poverty level) http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ope/trio/incomelevels.html
- Disabled college student (registered with Disability Services Office);
- Most students must be first generation/low income students
- Must be an undergraduate student matriculated in a bachelor.s degree program and
- A U.S. citizen or non-citizen eligible for financial aid
- Demonstrate academic need
- Must be an undergraduate student matriculated in a bachelor's degree program
- Must make a commitment to the program until graduation
- Membership is determined by a TRiO SSS staff member after application and intake process is completed.
How to Become a Member
- Stop by the office to complete a paper application and set up a meeting with the program Director, or complete the online application in advance and bring to your meeting.
- Meet with the TRiO Director for a program intake.
- You will be contacted by the Director about the status of your application.
- If you qualify, you will begin working with your support specialist immediately.
- If you are not accepted into the program, we will work with you to find other appropriate campus resources.
- Meet with your Support Specialist at least three times per semester
- Attend one cultural enrichment or social program per semester
- Discuss early alerts with your support specialist
- Submit your FAFSA by the March 1st priority deadline
- Make a commitment to the program until graduation