RIT Dubai is accredited by The Ministry of Higher Education (MOHESR) in the UAE for all Bachelors' and Masters' Programs.
Academic programs offered at RIT Dubai are the same as those offered on the RIT campus in Rochester, New York. Students should expect the same high quality education, and will earn the same degree as our students studying at the RIT campus in Rochester, New York. The degree you will earn from RIT Dubai is a fully recognized university degree from RIT, and has the same value as a degree earned by studying on the RIT campus.
RIT is chartered by the New York state legislature and accredited by:
The Commission on Higher Education
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- 3624 Market Street
- Philadelphia, PA 19104-2680
- (215) 662-5606
New York State Education Department
- Office of College and University Evaluation
- 5 North Mezzanine
- Albany, NY 12234
- (518) 474-2593
In addition to institutional accreditation, the programs in business are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). The undergraduate engineering program curricula in Dubai have been designed to be equivalent to the engineering programs in Rochester, NY which are accredited by the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET), the internationally recognized accreditor of engineering programs. The undergraduate engineering degree programs in Dubai will undergo accreditation by ABET, which allows accreditation once the first cohort of students have graduated.
Saunders College of Business undergraduate and graduate programs (NEW YORK, DUBAI and CROATIA) are fully accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB), the premier accrediting organization for business schools. Only about one quarter of the institutions granting business degrees have received this accreditation.
The AACSB indicated that the Saunders College of Business is "...undoubtedly one of the nation's leaders in bringing total quality principles to the university." These principles emphasize customer satisfaction, work productivity through teaming, and product and service excellence.
RIT is chartered by the legislature of the State of New York and accredited by The Commission on Higher Education, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
» What is AACSB? (Faculty and Student Responsibilities)
» Watch the AACSB Accreditation Video
» Learn more about AACSB Accreditation
RIT Dubai is licensed by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA), the regulatory authority in the Government of Dubai and accredited by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
Don’t just take our word for it. Our reputation as one of the world’s top universities has been acknowledged by many leading college guides, industry, and internationally respected publications. As you search for the right university, consider what others have to say about RIT.
U.S. News Rankings
For 30 years, RIT has been recognized for educational quality and value in U.S. News & World Report. RIT has traditionally been listed among the top 10 regional universities since the magazine started its annual ranking of colleges in 1983.
- More specific rankings from U.S. News
- Listed in 2014 Princeton Review's "Best 378 Colleges" and "Best Northeastern Colleges"
- RIT’s Saunders College of Business Named to Princeton Review’s ‘The Best 296 Business Schools’ in 2013 edition.
- RIT is included in The Princeton Review’s Guide to 322 Green Colleges: 2013 Edition
- More specific rankings from Princeton Review
American Institute for Economic Research
Rochester, N.Y. is ranked as the eighth best college town in a quantitative ranking released by the American Institute for Economic Research.
The rankings were chosen from an analysis of 222 metropolitan statistical areas with student populations of 15,000 or more and shows Rochester as the No. 8 mid-sized metropolitan area for college students.
RIT’s Kate Gleason College of Engineering ranked among "The World's Best Engineering Schools" in 2012. Ranked 27th globally overall. The rankings were based on surveys with technology companies.
RIT’s School of Design is ranked 11th among “The World’s 25 Best Design Schools” in a 2012 survey.
- Saunders College of Business undergraduate program at RIT received high standings in the Bloomberg Businessweek survey of The Best Undergraduate Business Schools by Specialty 2013. The management information systems (MIS) program in Saunders College is now considered one of the more elite degree specialties in the U.S., and ranked No. 14 out of 123 business schools in the nation. Entrepreneurship at Saunders College ranked high at No. 21, marketing at No. 26, corporate strategy at No. 32, and international business at No. 52.
- Among top design schools in the world in BusinessWeek's initial Best Design Schools survey.
The Saunders College of Business at RIT is cited in global MBA rankings as part of the online MBA category (2010, 2011, 2012). CEO Magazine says of the tier-one status: "Typically, these schools demonstrate a high level of innovation and thought leadership; class sizes tend to be moderate; senior faculty is used and the make-up of students is diverse.”
The Chronicle of Higher Education
RIT is recognized by The Chronicle of Higher Education on the publication's list of "Great Colleges to Work For 2012." RIT was also recognized as a great workplace by the publication in 2008, 2009 and 2011.
College Sustainability Report Card
Selected RIT as a "Campus Sustainability Leader"
The Fiske Guide to Colleges 2014
- Includes RIT among more than 300 of the country's most interesting colleges and universities.
- One of only 21 private universities nationally ranked a "Best Buy", based on academic ratings and price.
- Also rated a "Best Buy" in the 2013 edition.
Listed in Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Colleges
Top 25 universities to work for in 2013 (RIT, #19).
Global Gaming League
RIT was ranked third in the first annual Top Gaming Colleges survey
Kiplinger's Personal Finance
RIT ranks among the country’s best values in private colleges, according to Kiplinger’s Personal Finance 2014 edition. RIT ranked 67th on the list of private universities.
- Listed in two categories of the magazine's "A-List Colleges
- Top Work/Study Programs
- Great Internship Opportunities
Recognized as one of America's 100 Greenest Universities
RIT is recognized by SuperScholar in its first Smart Choice ranking of online MBA degree programs of 2012.
The Online Executive MBA program offered by the E. Philip Saunders College of Business was awarded the No. 15 position. The ranking was designed as a tool to help prospective business students make a smart choice about where to invest their time and money in earning their MBA.
Ranked #24 nationally in Master’s category in 2013