The graduate program in Service Leadership and Innovation is a cutting-edge program designed to provide working professionals the leadership skills they need to transform their service organization. Service is no longer a subset of manufacturing-era thinking. Service today is a wholly new thinking system that examines and produces change across the totality of organizational environments and the economy. The global service environment imposes significant responsibility on leadership.
The graduate degree in Service Leadership and Innovation is awarded upon successful completion of 36 credit hours culminating in a comprehensive examination or capstone project. The program is completed in a combination of day and evening classes, and online learning. Extended classroom teaching may be offered using a virtual classroom located in Dubai and New York simultaneously.
Class schedules cater to working professionals, providing intensive seminars is offered in the evening and on weekends.
The global service environment imposes significant responsibility on leadership. Leaders at all levels of the organization will be equipped with the following skills:
- Creating and innovating new service ideas, practices, and policies
- Building and utilizing sophisticated human capital assets wisely
- Designing, aligning and implementing new strategic focus
- Building experiences the customer values
- Application of service leadership concepts to produce superior performance outcomes
* Students typically complete the Comprehensive Exam (SERQ-795), Integrated Problemsolving (SERQ-711), and Breakthrough Thinking, Creativity and Innovation (SERQ-770). However, with department approval, students may request to complete a capstone project plus Breakthrough Thinking, Creativity and Innovation (SERQ-770), or a thesis (which requires no additional course work).
VIEW ALL COURSE DESCRIPTIONS HERE
"The program is engaging and exciting and it gave opportunities to explore different service ideas in multiple industries. My mind is constantly thinking of how positive changes can be made by merging traditions, status quo and technology in todays' ever-changing world. The SLI degree from RIT Dubai broadens perspectives of service and technology globally. It is engaging and exciting and it gave me opportunities to explore different service ideas in multiple industries. Now I know that I can do a lot more than initially anticipated, and I believe this degree has allowed me to grow professionally and be who I really want to be."