- You will have new friends
- You will know most of RIT Dubai's quirky lingo
- You will have more brown and orange clothing in your closet
- You will get to meet Ritchie the Tiger - RIT's mascot
- You will get to meet your professors
- You will get to meet all departments that will guide you throughout your academic program such as Student Services, Academic Advising, Finance, and many more!
- You will have had the chance to go to a dessert safari, endurance challenge, bowling, tallest building in the world and many more great fun activities to do in Dubai!
Freshmen are automatically pre-registered for Orientation, but it is necessary to check in on Wednesday, August 27, so that you can pick up your final Orientation schedule, t-shirt, and other important materials.Check-In will be held from 9am-6:30pm On Wednesday, August 27, 2014 at the Admissions Department, held on the first floor at RIT Dubai.If you are unable to check in on move-in day, you may check in the day after in the Student Services Department, first floor. This option is only for those who cannot check in move-in day.
Students living in the residence halls, and their families, should check in at the Housing Unit- Etisalat Academy immediately after they move in. Follow the move-in instructions from your Housing Confirmation.
Before you unload your vehicle you will receive a detailed list of next steps. It is imperative to follow these steps to ensure a smooth transition for you and your family on Move-In Day.
Commuter students (already living in UAE but need housing) may check in for Orientation on either move-in day or the day after.
All residential students will move in on move-in day, so coming to campus this day is optional for commuter students; however, we strongly encourage you and your family to check in anyway.