- When is New Student Orientation? Freshmen Orientation: August 23rd - 25th 2016.
- Do you need housing/accommodation? Please visit the Housing operations page for more information.
- Need Transportation from your home to RIT Dubai? Please include that information on your intent to enroll paperwork, email Ms. Kelly Gosa at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Student Services Department during Orientation.
- When will I make my first tuition payment? During Orientation, you will meet with our Finance department to complete all forms needed to pick the right plan for you and your family in making your tuition payment.
- When will I get my schedule of classes? During Orientation, you will meet with your academic advisor to get your schedule based on your placement exam scores.
What Placement Exams do I need?
- If you are an Engineering or Computer Security major you will need to take the Math & Physics Placement Exams
- If you are a Business or Networking and Systems Administration major you will only need to take the Math Placement Exam
- If you have not met the TOEFL score of 79 iBT or 550 Paper Based or 6.5 IELTS then you will need to retake the TOEFL.
Do I need Medical Insurance or a Visa? Please send us an email at email@example.com. If you are an international student then you will need to apply for a Student Visa. If you do not have medical insurance, during Orientation you will complete the required forms for your medical insurance.
Shall I bring my family? Please bring your family during day one of your orientation. They will get to attend the welcome ceremony, hear from your professors during the program session, have lunch with you and new friends, meet with your academic advisor, and meet with other departments such as Finance, Admissions, Student Services, IT.
BACHELOR’S STUDENT ORIENTATION AGENDA 2016:
- Registration, Tour & Breakfast
- Welcoming remarks by the RIT Dubai President
- Information per department
- Placement exams
- TOEFL Exam
- Scheduling of classes with your Academic Advisors
- Your passport
- Picture ID and your
- Original documents of your admissions high school/bachelor degree transcript and
- Your degree/diploma
Pay your Admissions Deposit
Activate your RIT Computer Account
Submit your Student Housing Request Form
Submit your Health History Forms
Take the online Math Placement Exam (MPE) and Physics Placement Exam (PPE)
Submit your high school transcripts and AP scores
Get your RIT University ID Card
Contact your college/department
Freshmen are automatically pre-registered for Orientation, but it is necessary to check in on the first day so that you can pick up your final Orientation schedule, t-shirt, and other important materials.
If you are unable to check in on this day, you may check in the day after with the the Receptionist, Ms. Abby on the first floor. This option is only for those who cannot check in during orientation day.
Commuter students (already living in UAE but need housing) may check in for Orientation on either move-in day.
All residential students will move in on move-in day, so coming to campus this day is optional for commuter students; however, we strongly encourage you and your family to check in anyway.