How to Apply for Admission
- Application for admission available online at the following link https://www.rit.edu/dubai/graduate-apply
- Non-refundable Application Fee AED 200
- Resume of work experience (curriculum vitae)
- Official, original academic transcripts in native language
- Official, certified English translation (where necessary)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score
- GMAT or GRE score for MBA only
- An admission counselor will be scheduling an admissions interview in person or on the phone and or Skype per your convenience.
- Personal Statement
Please write a personal statement describing your educational objectives. Your essay statement should be approximately 500 words in an essay format in a word document.
You may wish to address:1. Why you are applying for the degree you have chosen.2. How your degree program will relate to your long-range career objectives.3. What personal or "non-academic" qualities you will contribute to the learning environment in your program.4. What prior experience you have with respect to your chosen program.5. Specifically why you want to attend the RIT Dubai program.
Fall - Application Deadlines 2016
- Applications and all supporting documentation should be submitted directly to RIT Dubai.
- Only after all the supporting documents have been submitted, then complete applications will be forwarded to the Graduate Department Committee in Rochester, U.S.A. for an admission decision.
- Students will be notified of the admission decision in a timely manner after their application is complete.
A maximum of nine quarter credit hours in a 45-credit hour program or 12 quarter credit hours in a 48 or more credit hour program may be awarded as transfer credit from other institutions. A written request for transfer credit must be made at the time of application for graduate student status, and will be evaluated on an individual basis by the RIT academic admissions review committee.
Requirements for Admission
- Applicants to the Engineering masters programs should have an undergraduate bachelor's degree in the same discipline or area of engineering, or an area closely related to the area they wish to study.
- Applicants to the Networking and Systems Administration MS program should have a solid educational or employment record in networking, security and systems administration.
- Candidates for the MBA program must possess prerequisite knowledge and skills at the introductory course level in the following areas: algebra, probability and statistics, and basic computer literacy.
- Applicants to the MS Service Leadership and Innovation program should have a solid educational or employment record in any field upon admission evaluation.
- Submit an official score from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a score of at least 550 paper based, 213 computer based, or 79 internet based. For information on the TOEFL, visit www.ets.org
- Submit an official score from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam with a score of at least Band 6.5. For information on the IELTS exam, visit www.ielts.org.
- Students whose native language is English, or who have studied at the college or university level in the US or an English speaking country are still required to take the TOEFL or IELTS language exam due to a requirement by the Ministry of Higher Education in UAE as RIT is now accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education in UAE and is Internationally recognized.
- Students that do not meet RIT NY's and the UAE Ministry of Higher Education TOEFL or IELTS score requirement can enter our English Language Center prior to beginning the program
Applicants who are not citizens or permanent residents of UAE may need to apply for a visa to study at RIT Dubai. We will contact you with more information about visa requirements and procedures once you submit your application for admission.
Applications and all supporting documents should be submitted to: