- Differential Admissions
Students applying to RIT Dubai choose a specific academic program as part of the admission process. This is important because we offer a variety of academic programs, and requirements differ from one program to another.
- Undecided Students
It's natural to be uncertain of your future. Like many prospective college students, you may have several different personal interests and career aspirations right now.
- Applying To More Than One Major
We also encourage applicants to indicate a second and third program choice when applying for admission. If RIT Dubai is unable to offer you admission to your first choice program, you may be qualified for admission to one of your alternative choices.
Spring - Start Date: January 2015
Fall - Start Date: September 2015
How to Apply for Admission
- Application Fee of 200 AED - Non Refundable (Payable by Mail or in person: Check, Cash or Money Order)
- University transcript (a copy can be submitted for now, but please note that we will need your original/official transcript for the credits once they are reviewed to be then counted) Please note that we cannot confirm that all credits will be transferred as we will need to first review your transcript and then determine which subjects we will transfer
- Course Description including all courses completed with description for review
- English language exams (TOEFL iBT 79 Score, TOEFL Paper Based 550, or IELTS 6.5), if you do not meet these requirements, you can be considered for our English Language Center.
- Application Essay: The personal essay is one of the most important parts of this application. Your essay will show us how you think and how you write and it will help our admission committee get to know you better as a person and as a student. Please write an essay (500 words) in English on only one of the topics listed below.
For all students:
TOEFL or IELTS exam
SAT is optional but recommended for scholarship qualification
* see table of TOEFL/IELTS requirements for minimum score.
All students are expected to meet the TOEFL or IELTS requirements for admissions as per the chart below:
Test Type Minimum Score for Admission Consideration Score for Conditional Admission
Consideration & UAE Ministry Requirement
Internet Based TOEFL (iBT) 79 61-78
Paper Based TOEFL 550 500-547
Computer Based TOEFL 213 173-210
IELTS 6.5 5.0
Frequently Asked Questions
My previous university gave Pass/Fail and Credit/No Credit grades. Will RIT accept courses with these grades?
If the other university's academic policy specifies that Pass or Credit is equivalent to the letter grade of C or above, we will review the course for possible transfer credit.
I received a C- in some courses at my other school. Will I be able to transfer these courses?
Grades of C- may be considered for undergraduate transfer credit. It will be evaluated by your academic department at the time of application.
Will the GPA from my previous university appear on my RIT Dubai transcript?
No. We do not record GPA information from other universities.
At my previous university, I received credit for a course through Credit by Examination. Can I get transfer credit for this course at RIT Dubai?
It depends. If credit was received through standardized exams, such as AP, CLEP, etc. you will need to send us an official score report and credit will be re-evaluated by RIT. Often these exams will generate a similar credit award to what your previous university awarded.
Courses that appear as Credit by Exam on your transcript that are for non-standardized exams (e.g., exams created by your university) are not eligible for credit. The reason for this is that every school has different academic standards. We have no way of knowing what material your former school used to award credit.
I have completed my associate's degree, will my credits transfer?
While completion of an AS degree does not guarantee full transfer credit, we work hard to maximize credit awarded. Completion of a comparable degree program will often allow for third year standing. Transfer credit is awarded on a course by course basis based on its relevance to the program for which you have applied. A transfer credit evaluation is completed as part of the application process.
Is housing guaranteed for transfer students?
No, it is assigned based on the date of your admission deposit. We recommend applying early and sending in your deposit early to ensure that housing will be available. However our Housing Office does an excellent job assisting student with housing accommodations on campus.
How long will it take to hear of my admission decision?
After we receive your completed application, the process typically takes 4-6 weeks (an admission evaluation is completed as well as a transfer credit evaluation). Due to capacity restraints within some of our programs, some applications will take longer to process. The College of Liberal Arts and the academic department you applied to will review and award transfer credit.