Requirements for Admission
RIT Dubai is currently accepting applications for September entry and we welcome all interested students to apply. Admission to the university is selective, our admission process is personal. We are interested in learning about your interests, abilities, and goals in order to provide the best information and guidance we can as you select the college and program that is right for you.Factors considered in our admission decisions include, but are not limited to, past high school/college performance (particularly in required academic subjects), admission test scores, competitiveness of high school or previous college, and academic program selected. Recommendations from those familiar with your academic performance and an interview with an admissions counselor may also be influential.
We like to encourage students to apply early to be considered for admission and get guaranteed a seat in the program. We recommend you do not wait until your final marks are out to apply but to begin your application process early...
All students are expected to meet the TOEFL or IELTS requirements for admissions. The bachelor's degree programs offered at RIT Dubai are rigorous, and require a solid academic foundation.The programs will be taught in English...
Students are encouraged to apply early, and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis - that is once your application is complete, the Admissions Committee will meet to review your complete application and notify you of the admission decision...
How to Apply for Admission
We like to encourage students to apply early to be considered for admission and get guaranteed a seat in the program. We recommend you do not wait until your final marks are out to apply but to begin your application process early. Please find below three admissions deadlines to make sure you don't miss the deadline:
Final Admissions Deadline: Septermber 15th
To apply for admission, submit the following to RIT Dubai:
- Application for admission available online at the following link www.rit.edu/dubai/undergraduate-apply
- Application Fee of 200 AED - Non Refundable (Payable by Mail or in person: Check, Cash or Money Order)
- High school transcript (records) including course grades of last three years (predicted marks of your final year are acceptable for a conditional decision until you submit your final marks)
- Exam scores, if required (may include SAT or ACT, O-Levels, A-Levels, or other relevant exam results)
- English language exams (TOEFL iBT 79 Score, TOEFL Paper Based 550, or IELTS 6.5), if you do not meet these requirements, you can be considered for our English Language Center.
- Application Essay: The personal essay is one of the most important parts of this application. Your essay will show us how you think and how you write and it will help our admission committee get to know you better as a person and as a student. Please write an essay (500 words) in English on only one of the topics listed below.
Choose one:1. Evaluate a significant experience, achievement, risk you have taken, or ethical dilemma you have faced and its impact on you.2. Describe a character in fiction, an historical figure, or a creative work (as in art, music, science, etc.) that has had an influence on you, and explain that influence.3. A range of academic interests, personal perspectives, and life experiences adds much to the educational mix. Given your personal background, describe an experience that illustrates what you would bring to the university community.
- Admission Interview: An admission counselor will be scheduling an admissions interview in person or on the phone and or Skype per your convenience.
- TOEFL or IELTS exam
- SAT is optional but recommended for scholarship qualification
All students are expected to meet the TOEFL or IELTS requirements for admissions as per the chart below:
|Test Type||Minimum Score for Admission Consideration||
Score for Conditional Admission
Consideration & UAE Ministry Requirement
|Internet Based TOEFL (iBT)||79||61-78|
|Paper Based TOEFL||550||500-547|
|Computer Based TOEFL||213||173-210|
The bachelor's degree programs offered at RIT Dubai are rigorous, and require a solid academic foundation. The programs will be taught in English, and applicants will be required to have basic competency in English language. All students applying for admission must hold, or be currently completing, a high school diploma or degree, or the U.S. equivalent.
RIT Dubai currently offers majors in three different areas of study: Business, Computing and Engineering. While these academic programs are all designed to offer a broad base of academic courses and practical experiences, the high school preparation that is expected for each may differ. For example, success in prerequisite mathematics and science courses will be required for the engineering and computing programs. Interested students who do not have the prerequisites for a particular major may be considered for conditional admission and be required to successfully complete prerequisite courses before beginning in the major. Math and Physics placement exams will be required for all freshman students to take at the start of the semester. This will help determine which level each students fits in to be able to place in the right course within the program. All Engineering and Computing students are required to take a Math and Physics placement exam, and all Business majors are required to take a Math placement exam.
Applicants who are not citizens or permanent residents of UAE may need to apply for a visa to study at RIT Dubai. We will contact you with more information about visa requirements and procedures once you submit your application for admission.