The diploma program will educate senior professionals on the key concepts of happiness and give you the tools which will help you bring the concept of happiness back to your organization. The course provides access to the latest research on the subject and provides you with practical ideas and frameworks that will help you accelerate the drivers of happiness and help you apply these ideas in your workplace.
Through this program RIT Dubai aims to help you to:
- Understand the scientific and practical notions of happiness in a professional environment.
- Understand how to evaluate and assess an organization in terms of individual and corporate happiness and the related constructs.
- Understand leadership strategies and techniques that can increase happiness and apply them in corporate environment.
- Application of corporate happiness concept understood during the diploma by the creation of a Corporate Happiness Strategic Plan for their organization.
- Become expert in current best practices of corporate happiness measures in both the UAE and beyond.
The program is delivered by international Subject Matter Experts in conjunction with Smart Dubai. Modules are designed to use the most practical approach to deliver the course, using the most eective adult learning techniques. Participants can expect the following during the course of the program:
- Lecture modules delivered by subject matter experts.
- Use of cutting edge tools on various topics covered in the program.
- Access to research repository on the subject.
- Case studies discussion.
- Class room activities.
- Project work.
For more details, please call Ms. Doaa El-Medany at +971-4-3712033.
5 modules - 3 days each
Duration: October - December, 2017
Module 1 led by Dr. Ali Alazzawi from Smart Dubai: 23rd October, 2017
Module 3: 20th-22nd November, 2017
Happiness Strategy: Engaging Teams and Organizations –
- Happiness Agenda Strategy: Linking Dubai Happiness Agenda with UAE Happiness, and covering the Happiness framework.
- Happiness Meter: How to measure Dubai Happiness through the Happiness Meter and work on customer needs.
- Happiness Maturity Model: Introduction of the 5 levels in the Maturity Level. Help your organization to know where they stand.
- Introduce employee engagement and provide the knowledge, strategies and tools you need to understand, measure and create engagement with your team.
- Gain leaders’ active support of and participation in engagement initiatives.
- Provide the foundational knowledge and advanced strategies that participants need to help managers and teams take responsibility for creating an engaging workplace.
- Help participants understand how to create the cultural conditions for sustainable engagement and performance.
Module 2: 24th - 26th October, 2017
Introduction to Happiness and Strategies of Happiness
Module 4: 18th - 20th December, 2017
Happiness Strategy: Focus on Individual Strengths
- The Science of Happiness: Introduction to current scientific happiness research that identifies the most important factors that have been proven to influence a person’s general happiness.
- Happiness in Different Cultures: Since the UAE hosts people from many nationalities and cultures, understanding happiness in various cultures is critical.
- The Assessment of Happiness: Introduction to different assessment tools that can measure happiness in your organization. We will critically assess each tool and also explore the potential dangers of happiness measurement.
- Identify and build upon your greatest talents.
- Realize the connection between strength development and employee engagement.
- Explain the benefits of various themes and how they contribute to an organization.
- Analyze how talents from all themes can contribute to performing one’s role.
- Define the concept of “lesser talents” and identify strategies for managing them.
- Practice the application of talents from various themes to specific work-related
- Learn the specific role of leaders and managers in creating a culture of well-being, and how they differ.
- Identify the 4 Pillars of Managers’ roles at the local level.
Module 5: 22nd-24th January 2018
Culture of Happiness through Engaging our Customers
- Why customer happiness matters and how to transform customer relationships.
- Customer engagement core philosophy and how to transform customer relationships.
- Five levels of customer engagement with a brand's journey.
- Application of behavioral economics in customer decision making.
- Linking customer happiness back to employee happiness and strengths.
- Measuring what really matters and linking to buiness results.
In association with: