- 1994 - Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering; Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI-U.S.A. PhD Thesis: "Characterization of Microstrip With Superstrate Using Hertzian Wave Matrices".
- 1989 - Master of Science in Electrical Engineering; Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI- U.S.A. MS Thesis: "TE Wave Excitation and Scattering on Asymmetric Planar Dielectric Waveguide".
- 1987 - Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering; Michigan State University East Lansing, MI - U.S.A.
Dr. Tlili joined the Department of Electrical Engineering as an associate professor at Rochester Institute of Technology Dubai in 2010. Prior to the above Dr.Tlili served for two years as the program director of the Computer Engineering program at MSU-Dubai. Previous to joining the ECE faculty, Dr. Tlili was an associate professor and program coordinator of Electrical and Computer Engineering program at the American University in Dubai from 2004-2008. She participated in obtaining ABET accreditation for Engineering programs at AUD.
Dr. Tlili is an IEEE senior member. She served as the IEEE Women in Engineering chair for the UAE section and on the Executive committee of IEEE region 8 UAE section, from 2005-2013. Under her leadership the IEEE WIE UAE section obtained "2010 Women in Engineering affinity group of the year" award.
Dr. Tlili's research interests include Antenna analysis and design, Electromagnetic Theory, Field propagation in complex media and Microwave electronics.
Selected Research Publications
- B. Tlili and lamia Tchoketch-Kebir "Microstrip Monopole Antenna With Enhanced bandwidth for LTE Applications ", Proceeding and IEEE Xplore, 7th IEEE GCC conference, Qatar, Novemver 2013.
- B. Tlili and lamia Tchoketch-Kebir " Dual frequency Broadband Planar Monopole Antenna for LTE Applications ", Proceeding and IEEE Xplore, Loughborough Antennas and Propagation Conference, LAPC, Burleigh Court, UK, November 2013.
- B. Tlili and Shanawaz Youssef" Multiband Planar Branched Monopole Antenna for GSM/GPS/WLAN/WiMAX Applications". Proceeding and IEEE Xplore. APS/ URSI conference, Chicago July 2012.
- Tlili Boutheina,"Design of C-slot microstrip patch antenna for WiMax application", Proceeding and IEEE Xplore, Loughborough Antennas and Propagation Conference, LAPC 2009, Burleigh Court, UK, pp 521-524.
- Boutheina Tlili," Characterization of Small-size Microstrip Patch Antennas for more Wireless Applications", Proceeding and IEEE xplore, Loughborough Antennas and Propagation Conference, LAPC, Burleigh Court, UK, April 2007.
- Boutheina Tlili," Design of Small-size Microstrip Patch Antennas for Wireless Applications", Proceeding of the international conference on computer and communication engineering, ICCCE 06, Volume II, Malaysia, May 2006.