- B.S. Education, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida-1985
- Advanced French Language Immersion - UniversitÃ© Laval, QuÃ©bec, Canada, Summer 1987
- M.A. Applied Linguistics/TESOL, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida-1992
- Diploma for Teaching of English as a Foreign Language to Adults, (DTEFLA),
- University of Cambridge through United Arab Emirates University-1997
- Introduction to Copyediting, online workshop with University of California-Berkeley-2006
- MFA in Creative Writing - Fiction - The New School University - New York- May 2009
- Diploma de EspaÃ±ol como Lengua Extranjera (Nivel Avanzado) - Instituto Cervantes, New York - 2009
Kevin Watson has been teaching literature and writing at RIT - Dubai since August 2012. He received a Bachelors in Education, a Masters in Applied Linguistics, a Cambridge DTEFLA and more recently, a Master of Fine Arts in Fiction Writing. His publications include a review of Sociolinguistics: A Psychological Perspective in the Language Quarterly journal and Dying Young, a short story in Takahe. He has worked in universities in France, Spain, Taiwan, Ukraine, UAE, Japan, and Ecuador. His hobbies include skiing and scuba diving, travel, reading, and writing.
Presentations and Speaking Engagements
- Guest speaker, Radio Onda, Cuenca, Ecuador, 2002. Interview: "English Language Learning in Centro de Estudios Interamericanos.
- Presenter at first Russian TESOL Conference in Moscow, Russia, 1993. - Topic: "Incorporating Communicative Activities into the Core Curriculum."
- Guest speaker, local radio, Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine, 1993-1994. Various newspaper and radio interviews focusing on cultural relations and exchanges between the United States and the former Soviet Union.
- Guest speaker, United Arab Emirates University, Al Ain, UAE, 1994. Two sessions given to teaching faculty and administrative staff on the socio-political and cultural climate as well as teaching conditions in the former Soviet Union.
Back to Academic Divisions