- When is New Student Orientation? Fall Semester Orientation: Tuesday, August 28th – Thursday, August 30th 2018
- Do you need housing/accommodation? Please visit the Housing operations page for more information.
- Need Transportation from your home to RIT Dubai? Please include that information on your intent to enrol paperwork, complete the online application and email Ms. Farah El-Wakeel firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any transportation questions.
- When will I make my first tuition payment? During Orientation, you will meet with our Finance Department to complete all forms needed to select the correct tuition payment plan.
- When will I get my schedule of classes? During Orientation, you will meet with your academic advisor to get your schedule based on your placement exam scores.
What Placement Exams do I need?
- If you are an Engineering or Computer Security major you will need to take the Math & Physics Placement Exams
- If you are a Business or Networking and Systems Administration major you will only need to take the Math Placement Exam
- If you have not met the TOEFL score of 79 iBT or 550 Paper Based or 6.5 IELTS then you will need to retake the TOEFL.
Do I need Medical Insurance or a Visa? Please send us an email at email@example.com. If you are an international student then you will need to apply for a Student Visa. If you do not have medical insurance, during Orientation you will complete the required forms for your medical insurance.
Shall I bring my family? Please bring your family during day one of your orientation. They will get to attend the welcome ceremony, hear from your professors during the program session, have lunch with you and new friends, meet with your academic advisor, and meet with other departments such as Finance, Admissions, Student Affairs, IT.
BACHELOR’S STUDENT ORIENTATION AGENDA:
- Registration, Tour & Breakfast
- Information per office and academic program
- Placement exams
- TOEFL Exam
- Scheduling of classes with your Academic Advisors
- Your passport
- Picture ID
- Health insurance card
- Original documents of your admissions high school/bachelor degree transcript and
- Your degree/diploma
If you have questions, contact Admissions department from 9:00am - 5:00pm Sunday through Thursday at (971) 371 2000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay your Admissions Deposit
To reserve your place at RIT Dubai, a non-refundable acceptance of admission deposit is due from accepted applicants. As a convenience to applicants, the Admissions Office provides an option to pay this fee with a credit card in person or by check or cash in person or you can send a family or friend to RIT Dubai campus.
Activate your RIT Computer Account
If you have created an account as part of the RIT Dubai admissions process, this same account becomes your student account upon payment of you accept/tuition deposit. No additional action is required to activate your account. If you did not create an account as a part of the admissions process, you will receive an account activation email from RIT Dubai when you pay your accept/tuition deposit. The account activation email will go to the email address supplied on your admissions application. If you have not received the account activation email but you HAVE paid your deposit, please contact the admissions department at email@example.com for further help.
Submit your Student Housing Request Form
To complete your housing application you must submit your housing form online via the Housing operations. If you have any housing questions, please direct them to Kelly Gosa, Assistant Director of Student Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit your Health History Forms
UAE law mandates that all college students living on campus or getting a visa through RIT Dubai that you apply for medical insurance through RIT Dubai.
Submit your high school transcripts and AP scores
Get your RIT University ID Card
Please click here for housing operations.
Contact your college/department
Freshmen are automatically pre-registered for Orientation, but it is necessary to check in on the first day so that you can pick up your final Orientation schedule, academic advising appointment, t-shirt, and other important materials.
If you are unable to check in on this day, you may check in the day after with the the Receptionist, Ms. Abby on the ground floor. This option is only for those who cannot check in during the two orientation days.