Associate Professor, Business and Management
About Prior to joining RIT, Dr. Ireland was associate professor in the Canadian University of Dubai (UAE) where he was MBA director, Ajman University of Science and Technology (UAE), EADA (Spain), IESA (Venezuela), where he was the chaired professor of Marketing Strategy and headed the department, and UPF (Spain). He has consulted to many MNC on marketing strategy, ECR, BOP marketing, service quality and marketing research. Prior to joining academia, he worked as a Senior Planner in top MNC engineering firms. Dr. Ireland has published articles in refereed journals, the proceedings of leading international refereed conferences as well as chapters in books.
Recent English-language research:
- Ph. D. Business Administration, specialization Marketing from IESE, the business school of the University of Navarra, Spain.
- B.S. Business Administration, specialization in Marketing from The Marshall school of Business, University of Southern California.
Awards and honors
A fourteen article compilation of the top Latin American Marketing articles of all time included six of mine.
Islamic Marketing, BOP Marketing.
Work in Progress
- Tahir, Rizwan, Mashal Waqar, John Ireland "Networking Endeavours and Entrepreneurial Success: A Case Study of Female Entrepreneurs in Pakistan”, The International Journal of Business and Globalization (under review).
- Stephen Wilkins and John Ireland, "Margin management in FMCG firms: consumer tradeoffs among price, pack fill and quality”.
- John Ireland (2018) Student Referrals in RIT Dubai. Internal RIT document for admissions department
Ireland, John, (2018) “Just How Loyal are Islamic Banking Customers?”, International Journal of Bank Marketing, Vol. 36 Issue: 3, pp.410-422