DEWA Scholarships at RIT Dubai
DEWA is now offering full scholarships for bachelor’s degrees in electrical or mechanical engineering to qualified UAE nationals at RIT Dubai.
DEWA Scholarship programme overview
Intelaq programme: Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Electrical/Mechanical).
(The scholarship does NOT apply to Master degree students)
DEWA has introduced this programme to be implemented in collaboration with several private and government universities and colleges targeting the following categories of candidates:
- High school graduates (science section).
- Students enrolled at private and government universities in their last year or in the year before the final year of graduation.
Eligible Degrees: Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Electrical or Mechanical) DEWA has introduced this program to be implemented in collaboration with several private and government universities and colleges targeting the following categories of candidates:
- High school graduates (science section). - The science section is mandatory.
- Students enrolled at private and government universities in their last year or in the year before the final year of graduation. Minimum transfer GPA 2.5/4.
- Only new students can admitted conditionally, e.g. if they need to improve their English. These students can be part of Intelaq program for one year.
No condtional admissions is given to transfer students.
Students are required to study on a full-time basis as per the set program. There might be a potential extension, e.g. a semester but with salary deduction. To be examined on a case by case basis.
Rewards & Benefits
Students enrolled in this programme are entitled to the following rewards and benefits as set by DEWA:
- Monthly allowance of AED 6,500 for the duration of study as per the programme schedule.
- Medical insurance for the duration of study as per the programme schedule.
- Additional rewards of AED 1,500 during the student’s summer work placement for 6 weeks.
Students can start summer work at DEWA from YEAR ONE. All summers should be training at DEWA unless students obtain pre approval from DEWA management to take summer courses.
Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) was formed on 1 January, 1992, by a decree issued by the late Sheikh Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum to take over and merge the Dubai Electricity Company and the Dubai Water Department that had been operating independently for several years until then. Both these organisations were established in 1959 through the foresight and initiative of His Highness Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the late Ruler of Dubai, as government-supported bodies with the objective of making available to the people of Dubai an adequate and reliable supply of electricity and water.
Today, after near about five decades, DEWA is an inspiring success story known for its efficiency and reliability in every facet of its operations. Constant planning and forecasting to meet the growing demands of the customer has always been DEWA’s well entrenched philosophy. Owing to this policy, DEWA has come a long way in serving the customers and thereby making its own contributions to the economic growth of Dubai.
Thus the expansion continues in order to meet the ever growing demand for electricity and water, and keeping this in mind DEWA continues to maintain its corporate structure and functioning in the most professional and advanced ways to ensure its continued success in the years to come.
A sustainable world-class utility.
Meeting customer satisfaction and promoting Dubai’s vision through delivery of electricity and water services at a world-class level of reliability, efficiency, safety and environment by a competent workforce and effective partnerships; supporting resources sustainability.
For generations to come.
Integrity, Fairness, Transparency, Teamwork, Industry Leadership, Professionalism, Corporate Social Responsibility, Customer Focus, Sustainability.