In order to apply for admission you are required to create an RIT portal account. This account will provide you access to our online application. MyRIT also allows you to track the status of your application credentials, receive your admission decision, and more. If you have applied using the Common Application or a paper application you can also create a myRIT portal account to take advantage of these options.
- When should I apply for admission?
- How do I apply for admission?
- What exams do I need to take?
- How can I qualify for scholarships or financial assistance?
- What do I need to do to receive an I-20 to apply for a student visa?
- What do Canadian applicants need to know?
- What resources are available for International Students?
- Once at RIT, who will help me on things like immigration, cultural, academic and personal matters?
You should apply as an international student if you need a visa in order to study or live in the United States. If you are a US citizen, dual US citizen or permanent resident of the US, you are not considered an international applicant.
As a major technological university, RIT offers academic opportunities that extend far beyond science, engineering, and technology. We offer innovative programs in many emerging career fields that are designed to prepare you not only for today’s competitive workplace, but for the challenges you’ll face tomorrow as industries evolve and change.