"E TO THE X DX DY Secant Cosine Tangent Sine 3.14159 PI I times 3 LETS GO LETS GO RIT” -RIT Corner Crew Chant
Oh hockey season, how I have missed you! Students are starting to pick up their season tickets, the players' practices are in full swing, and (most importantly), our brand new Gene Polisseni Center is opening on Thursday! Yesterday I had the opportunity to get a Behind the Scenes tour before the opening (EXCITEMENT). The arena is looking fabulous. A few highlights of our tour:
- The arena has two (super HD) video boards on either end of the arena—there are also scoreboards up behind the player’s benches.
- There are 7 suites in Polisseni, 4 suites attached to the club lounge, a bunker suite (this suite has a fireplace), the Player’s Experience suite (next to the player’s benches), and the suite up on the top level by the media suites.
- The General Admission seating is in the southern part of the arena, with the bench seating. The Corner Crew and Pep Band will also be over in these areas.
- The orange beams that everyone signed at an event last year are up above the student section.
- There are two full-service concession stands on the concourse, and a variety of kiosks featuring different food options.
- Barnes and Noble will have an on-site store with spirit wear and other promotional items.
You still have time to work on memorizing your Corner Crew chants. You can find them at ritcornercrew.tumblr.com! The Women’s home opener is September 29th and the Men’s home opener is October 4th. RIT has so many rich traditions at hockey games, so make sure that you come out to a game (or two, or three)!
- Tags: @RIT_AndreaS