Ways to Procrastinate in College
Patsy’s Procrastination Habits: A list of way’s I put off all the homework and studying I should be doing.
- Facebook Researching: I think the title explains enough.
- Tweet Creeping: Twitter is the new facebook. Usually I just read over past things in my news feed, but then I open all the news stories to keep up on current events. Then I go through the sports team I follow (Yankees and NY Giants). From there, I go to the “Discover tab” and read through all the stories on there. Oh, I also like to tweet. A lot.
- Instagram: Instagram is twitter with pictures. I love pictures so this is equally addicting.
- Harry Potter: If you know me at all, I am a potterhead. This week- I have watched a movie a night instead of doing my homework. It is supposed to be my background music, but let’s be real- I only just watch the movie.
- Bubblemania: Bubblemania is this amazingly additing app for the iPhone. Basically, it’s snood. And your goal is to save the babies. Trust me people, I cannot stop playing. I have beat all the current rounds, but then I cannot stop so I go back and try and get 3 stars on each level.
- Internet Surfing: Some of my search topics this week included-
- Taylor Swift’s Red tour dates (nope, no locations near me)
- Information on hurricane patty, since I saw it on the 2012 hurricane list. And no, it was not as big as Sandy, didn’t even make landfall. DISCLAIMER. My name is spelled Pattie with an IE not a y.
- The lyrics to “Ms. New Booty” Why? Someone in my class said “meet me over yander” when we were arranging our meeting locations. So instantly, I got that song stuck in my head.
- Old reporter magazine articles, mostly for the rings sections.
- The history of the buffalo bills, since I went to my first game last weekend and I am a giants fan so wanted to understand the team.
- Fixing Emily’s Zubaz: I am currently at my friend Emily’s apartment and since her tie in her Zubaz came out, I obviously offered to fix them instead of doing my homework. For those of you who do not know the buffalo bills- zubaz are their crazy pajama-like pants that fans wear.
- Christmas present brain storming: I love giving presents so I have already started my lists of everything I am getting. I would tell you my thoughts, but they will likely read this blog.
- Facetime with my Twin: No judgment allowed- but her bunny is the cutest thing ever. His name is Malfoy, and I am obsessed.
- Sleeping: I love sleep, especially when I have a long to-do list. I always think I will be less stressed when I wake, usually I hit the snooze a few times, lay in bed for a little longer. Really, I am just lazy.
- Online shopping: Getting the packages are like Christmas, and I love Christmas.
- Writing this blog.
Here are some other procrastination suggestions, I do not follow them but tons of my friends use them.
- Go for a walk and get coffee (Shout out to Javas!)
- Go to the gym (I should do this, but please see habit #10)
- Painting your nails (I used to do this all the time, just ask @RIT_Alissa)
And now let’s hope I study.